auto transmission!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on auto transmission!!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anybody have any experience with auto transmissions in MY99 wrx failing to operate. I have owned the car for ...

Red face auto transmission!!!!!!!

Does anybody have any experience with auto transmissions in MY99 wrx failing to operate. I have owned the car for less than one month and this is the second time i have had it towed back to the dealer.It does not feel good at all, once you have selected (D) drive it takes around three - seven seconds to engage and then jolts in to gear.Once you are travelling no issues at all. I am lucky that it is still under warranty and i will not have to cover any of the costs but it has shattered my experience.I would be driving a manual gear box but my wife prefers driving autos, the other rexes i have driven with autos drive exactly the same but do not have my engaing issues.PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME INFO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe there was a recall on some of the parking assembly in the auto trans missions of subarus in some years. Im not sure whether or not this will apply to your specific vehicle.

The main thing is to just to take it back as soon as anything happens and keep everything done under warranty very well documented. Keep all your service records. A good dealership will fix any problem you have later even when the car is out of warranty, because they will see it has been defective before. I can remember doing warranty work on a car with over 100k miles becuse, for some reason, the car just went through an oil pump every 20k miles or so.

Just make sure that all of your service records state clearly what has been done to the car. That way, if you have to appeal to SOA or even a court in the worst instance, youll have all your proof.

Incedently, if you can tell me what it said on your repair order the last time the car was fixed (or on the present one) - maybe Ill be able to give you a better idea of exactly whats going on.

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.