How sturdy are the side jack points? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How sturdy are the side jack points? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by Retro Actually, could someone post a pic. of the rear dif, and draw an x (not arrows) ...

cnk
    Originally posted by Retro
    Actually, could someone post a pic. of the rear dif, and draw an x (not arrows) exactly where the jack would go? It's silly, but I don't trust jacking it up anywhere now.
    You don't really need a pic. . just put a piece of wood directly under the rear diff and then the jack under the wood. You don't want to put the jack directly in contact with the diff.

Calvin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: How sturdy are the side jack points?

Originally posted by WRB04WRX
    More specifically, how do they stand up to hydraulic floor jacks? Every time I've jacked a car up using the side jack points resulted in damage (bending) of the jack point when I didn't use the provided (emergency) jack. Also do the sideskirts take any abuse?

Just a question that crossed my mind. I'm a new 04 WRX owner.
    Mine too..

I now use a round block of would inserted to fit inside of my floor jack that helps cushion the metal.

Shotgun

Originally posted by cnk
    Go here for side sill adapters: http://www.protechproducts.net/images/JACKPADS.asp

Calvin
    Happy, happy, joy, joy!
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

Originally posted by Chunks
    Oh thank god. I was jacking up my car to change oil and I was using the manual jack points, my jack is different than the emergency and a lil more heavy duty and i felt like my sideskirts were going to be ruined afterwards.
    Chunks,

Run up to Wal-:Mart and get some "RhinoRamps" they are heavy duty plastic ramps that will get your car up PLENTY high for around $29 bucks and you can drive right up on em and do dam near everything under the front!!

(oil changes,pokin around on ****,etc)

Best $29 I have spent so far

Shotgun

ps,or the rear can be raised the same way
    (Always use wheel chocks and E-Brake too)
    Last edited by ShotgunTC88; 02-24-2004 at 09:42 PM.

Actually, could someone post a pic. of the rear dif, and draw an x (not arrows) exactly where the jack would go? It's silly, but I don't trust jacking it up anywhere now.
    It really is quite easy....

Just slide your roll jack under the CENTER of the diff. parallel with the axles and have at it!

just jack slow to make sure it,s not gonna slip (it wont, but Im carful around ANY jack)

Shotgun

Don't you mean Perpendicular to the axles? Parallel means side by side, so I would be jacking along the ground.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

Don't you mean Perpendicular to the axles? Parallel means side by side, so I would be jacking along the ground.
    Oops!........

Senility settin in early...<g>

yea, What cha said.

Shotgun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12