Strange sound while turning...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strange sound while turning... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I noticed something weird today...when I turn right, whether it be from a stop or going in a slight curve ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Strange sound while turning...

I noticed something weird today...when I turn right, whether it be from a stop or going in a slight curve to the right, I keep hearing a weird straining type of sound coming from the rear...kinda sounds like pulling hard enough on rope to hear it stretch. Anyone have any idea what it might be? I tried it going left too but I didn't hear it at all...it's only when I go right. Thoughts, anyone? It's got me a little worried...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tie rod maybe?
    91 MR2 Turbo (Too Many Mods)
    96 Civic EX (Many Mods)
    02 WRX (Coming Soon)

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it is a tie rod, what does that mean? Do I need to get that looked at?
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

I would go on and get it looked at. From your signature, I noticed that you haven't installed any aftermarket swaybars (which would've been my first guess). You may have something binding that would require a simply adjustment. Either way, I would think the warranty would apply. My $0.02...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds good...I'll have it looked at then

I'm experiencing the same thing. Let me know if you figure out what it is.
    Current mods on my 2003 Silver WRX: Autospeed Flex Uppipe, Perrin Downpipe w/cat, TXS UTEC, Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines, TXS HPBC [15.9 PSI]. Valentine One. Tuned by God. Silencer Free.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the same thing and have done since I got the car 3 months ago. Car is stock, performance wise. I think I know what it is. Pop the trunk and you'll see the mat that covers the spare tire. If you lift the mat up, you'll see the wodden-ish cover plank that the tire is directly beneath. It's not held in particulalrly tightly in the holes. You can move this 'plank' left and right quite easily. I believe it's this causing the noise. I've never got round to just quietening it, but I believe this is the problem. It has bugged me for a while. One of these days I'll get round to fixing it, if this is the case. One day I did actually remove that plank bit and sit it on top of the mat/carpet in the trunk, and I didn't notice anymore noise that day, but that might have just been 'that day.' It did it today a few times though for sure with all parts where they should be, in the trunk.

Let me know if my suggestion fixes it for you.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh wow the original posts were almost a year ago. What was the result, Verdugo?
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you describe exactly where you put the lube? Then I can take mine to Subaru should that turn out to be my problem as well.

Thanks.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok no worries.
    2010 SSM STI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.