Wrecked EVO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrecked EVO within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Good news, I can finally afford an EVO... too bad its wrapped around a tree.......

Good news, I can finally afford an EVO... too bad its wrapped around a tree....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That back passenger side Brembo still looks intact too. I hope they are okay but come on man that is just plain stupid how fast does a person need to go on public streets. The tree is just missing some bark I never want to tangle with a tree these guys are lucky my dad is a paramedic and you would not believe how many people die from hitting trees at normal speeds they just don't give an inch.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

Trees: the silent killers.

Wow, I saw a old MG hit a tree head on at the pro rally going atleast 25mph and it messed up the car and not to much damage to the tree. And they slid into it with the brakes locked up over muddy gravel. These guys must have been flying down a residential area over 70mph to skid close to 500 feet and do that much damage. Maybe the sparco harnesses helped save them Maybe they were drifting through the streets, thats why it has 500 feet of skid marks.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

sounds like it may have been a case of "hey watch me drift this turn"

when will kids learn

You all like what I did to that EVO? I was trying to prove the EVO VIII is a POS! I tried hitting a few people and parking it inside a house, but that darn tree got in my way! I figured a 4 wheel drift might take the tree out... But my NOS failed at the last minute, and you know how poorly built these Mitsubishi cars are made for America!

OK, so that wasn't me driving it. If it was, I would have at least broken 500ft of skid marks... Stupid amatures! How the he!! do you make 500ft of skid marks?! I gotta talk to the the street racing god, Dom about this.

Has anyone gotten the name of the driver? It's not Nick is it? Was he tray sliding again?

On that note, I feel more pain for the car than I do the driver. He/she must be a total idiot to even try and attempt to do something so friggin wreckless with another person in the car.

As for being Tommi... Will the real Tommi Makinen please stand up!

<---- stands up!

~ Dan (Zapix)

After reading the attached link, it is now confirmed that they were nothing more than 'fast and gay' tools. I hope they drive around in Hyundais for the rest of their days! I tell you, the Evolution 8 is becoming extinct with all these tools wrecking them. Poor car never had a chance in life....
    -STomp

*take some driving courses and stay the fick on the road!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Originally posted by wrxlude
    After reading the attached link, it is now confirmed that they were nothing more than 'fast and gay' tools. I hope they drive around in Hyundais for the rest of their days! I tell you, the Evolution 8 is becoming extinct with all these tools wrecking them. Poor car never had a chance in life....
    -STomp

*take some driving courses and stay the fick on the road!
    I wonder how the ins companies are going to respond. Can't be good for future Evo buyers

I think it may even affect the whole "fast econobox" scene. Before we know it, there will only be cars with 120 hp max available to buy. Prepare for high insurance rates! Maybe this is the reason why we never got this types of vehicles in the US now.

first thing i wouldve done is take the harness'! i would take the parts that arent damaged like rims and stuff... wing.. etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12