Oil Change Now Leak 03 WRX!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil Change Now Leak 03 WRX! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Who else changes the washer on the drain plug every oil change? I did on the first and not since ...

Oil Change Now Leak 03 WRX!

Who else changes the washer on the drain plug every oil change? I did on the first and not since then but have never had any problem. Now I have a small dripping leak right there at the drain plug. Has anyone else not changed the washer and had a leak or does everyone change the washer everytime? If so are they available and any regular autoparts store the suby dealer is kinda not convient for me to go to.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tony,
    The O.E.M Filter comes with a washer.

If you bought an aftermarket you can order some from your dealer they are a buck and a quarter...........use em

Shotugn

Yeah I went to autozone a went thru their case of different drain plug washers and found one to fit. I did hate having that 500 mile mobil 1 drain out but I don't like a leak either and this was like a drop every 10 - 15 mins I didn't even notice a drop in oil level.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i got a leak myself, used the autozone washer after the OE one was leaking, and i'm still leaking. i think i'm gonna have to take it in for warrantee if this keeps up.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Yeah I got the autozone washer as well and it is a much much slower drip like once every couple of hours now. I am not going to be drain out another 30 bucks worth of Mobil 1 come next oil change I will pick up an oem washer and if it still leaks it will be dealership time for me. If you bring your in for service keep me posted I am interested in what they say. Oh the joys of vehicle ownership!
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.