New '03 WRX CEL again after 1300 miles.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New '03 WRX CEL again after 1300 miles. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my first check engine light at around 500 miles and now at 1300 I've got it again. The ...

New '03 WRX CEL again after 1300 miles.

I had my first check engine light at around 500 miles and now at 1300 I've got it again. The first time they said that the gas cap wasn't on right (I'm damn sure it was) and they said next time I come for that reason that it's not going to be covered under warranty. It's the same constant CEL and I know it's probably going to be the same damn thing. Have there been known problems of bad pressure sensors in the gas tank?

This is rediculous. I was just driving and it comes on. I checked the gas cap and it was tight. I think what I'll do is reset the code (via disconnecting the battery?) and see if it comes back within 200 miles and then I'll take it back and complain because this is crap!
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the CEL comes on again just run down to the local auto parts store, most of them will pull the code for free.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

It was the same thing, gas cap. I think I'll see if it comes on one more time, have it read and if it again comes up as gas cap I'll take it to the dealer and complain. Do the ol' three strikes, heh.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

What code was it specifically? "The gas cap one" is vague, give us a numerical code. If you're throwing P1443, it's not your gas cap. It would require an ECU reflash, this used to be a very common problem in the 02 cars but was supposedly fixed in later builds.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

P0457 Evaporative emission control system leak detected (fuel cap loose/off)
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

I have the same problem with mine. Just take it back to the dealer and have it covered under warranty, I don't see how they can deny it. Mine went on 3 times already even after I reset the ECU.

Did you happen to be using your cruise control at the time it came on?

Both times so far I wasn't using the cruise control. How do they fix it? Will they replace my gas cap?
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

I think I read something somwhere, sorry can't remember where, but they will change some parts, I think it was some ring on the assembly, I'm not sure. Just let them know that you got the same code twice, they should do something about it then.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.