Suspected brake/bearing problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Suspected brake/bearing problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My MY01 WRX is making a strange scraping (metal on metal?) sound. I suspect it's coming from either the brakes ...

Question Suspected brake/bearing problem

My MY01 WRX is making a strange scraping (metal on metal?) sound. I suspect it's coming from either the brakes or bearings from one of the wheels as it's speed dependent (one sound per wheel revolution) and only on the right side of the car. The sound fades when I apply the brakes, so that's my first guess.

Any help on how to find out what it is and even how to fix it much appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just took mine in for same problem, except the sound from my car wasn't always there. I thought it was a bearing problem too. Turns out that I had a piece of gravel wedged between my caliper and my rotor. It must of been from the awd drifts I was performing on some gravel roads here. I'd take off your wheel and look around your caliper area.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.