I got a set of Bridgestone Potenzas RE040 225/R45/17 tires and wheels.
I bought these tires used premounted along with the wheels, so I mounted the wheels on to my car by hand, I did check to make sure the direction is going the right way.. on these directional tires..
Now the issue is..
- They are so prone to turning my steering wheel when there are imperfections on the road..
- I hit a minor bump on the road on a curve, the steering wheels fights with me the other way and I have to correct it
- Driving slowly down a smooth road, no problem.. the tires seem quiet and no wobbling tires
- If the road is not flat, maybe slightly uneven, I can feel the steering wheel turn that direction
- the steering feels very numb and nervous on uneven road, what's funny is that I had 215/R40/17 that felt more assuring than these.
I did take the wheels off, checked the tire pressure again.. 32 front and 30 rear..
remounted each wheel, making sure that I torqued the lugnuts in a star pattern, and make sure they can turn before lowering the jack..
So I'm stuck to thinking these tires and wheels need to be balanced again and I thought maybe tire pressure has something to do with it..
What do you tire experts think the problem could me?
Or am I missing something..