Bad times??! help!

This is a discussion on Bad times??! help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have had a problem recently....I have a 02 WRX with Injen COld Air, 5zigen Cat Back and Blitz Super ...

Bad times??! help!

I have had a problem recently....I have a 02 WRX with Injen COld Air, 5zigen Cat Back and Blitz Super Sound blow off....Stock i ran 14.43 1/4 mile times...after intake and bov i ran 14.19. Recently after getting exhaust i took it to the track and ran the car once by accident with out coolant.(14.9@89). After realizing this i refilled car with coolant and times got significantly slower. Still...the car does not seem to get the high end power any more as proven by the slips..HEre is a copy of my last slip...(And...sadly..best one for the day)

1/4 - 14.5124

Reaction - .6212

Speed 1/4 Mile- 92.9137

60ft- 2.0177

330ft. 5.9227

1/8 mile- 9.2333

The 60ft are in the range i should be pulling better times...but the high end power (shown by low top speed.) isnt pulling...any idea what is wrong. I have 22k on the car. I have a suggestion it migt be i need new plugs. Any input would be helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Gee, you ran a car with a water cooled turbo without coolant on the drag strip? I'd be surprised if your turbo didn't kick the bucket. Try a ECU reset first and do the Ignition Advance Multiplier trick to see if you can get some of your power back. If not, start thinking about diagnosing a potential turbo problem, maybe even start looking for smoke from your exhaust or turbo.

FYI, if your ECU sees knock because your Injen has leaned out the mixture, it will pull timing like crazy, and I'm willing to bet that combining the intake with a BOV has caused all sorts of fueling mischief. Lots of people have reported better performance by going back to the stock BOV. I know a guy running a VF34, pushing at least 380 crank, and still running the stock BOV.
    Last edited by supermarkus; 05-13-2003 at 12:16 AM.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

Actually i had the car re-dynoed after the mishap...i still was pulling the same top whp but as you go up high in the RPM's its lower. Its a high end power problem for some reason. Still same 14 psi of boost...just no pull...plus boost cut is coming alot fast and it cant hold it as long...Any ideas?

Wrong forum! Try the dragracing forum, might yield a better response.

But FWIW, are you seeing any check engine lights? I wont even mention how you could have ran a car without coolant in it...
    '12 WRB Sedan

...i didnt run the car...my brother took it out while i was at boot camp...i came back to all of this....

topic been transfered to drag racing..