Negotiating SoA's Extended Warranty

This is a discussion on Negotiating SoA's Extended Warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if the price of Subaru's extended warrantuy (Gold Plus) is negotiable? I'm definitely getting an extended warranty ...

Question Negotiating SoA's Extended Warranty

Does anyone know if the price of Subaru's extended warrantuy (Gold Plus) is negotiable?

I'm definitely getting an extended warranty with my 04 WRX wagon but need to know if their price is fixed. According to my research, dealers as a rule paly about 50% of the suggested retail price. If that's the case with SoA's warranty, then I have something to bargain with.
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have two subaru's, both have gold extended warranties, and both were "on sale" when i purchased them. 2-300 dollars of msrp according to the sales man.

not sure if i negotiated them down all the way, but i did get the sale price when i asked for some help with the price.
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

Thanks, looks like I have some wiggle room to play with

Are you going to be modding the car?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Are you going to be modding the car?
    Only "cosmetically". In my signature is a list of the mods I plan to install. I don't plan on doing any engine mods. Is there a problem?

No problem. I was just thinking that the extended warranty would be a waste if you were planning on modding any of the mechanicals in the car since you probably wouldn't get a lot of love at the dealership...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I received a quote from the dealer I've ordered my 04 WRX. He's offering the 7 year/100,000 mile Gold Plus for $1,495. Based on the information I received from Subaru, the MSRP price is $2,258.

I have nothing to compare this to so if anyone was able to pay something different, can you let me know? Thanks much.

that seems in line with what i paid.

what is the deductable? on my wrx it is 0 but on my wifes ts wagon it is 50.
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

that seems in line with what i paid. what is the deductable? on my wrx it is 0 but on my wifes ts wagon it is 50.
    0 deductible. I'm still getting replies from other dealers so I'll see what pops up. I can live with the $1495 quote though. Thanks for letting me know your price

Don't know if this helps but I paid 750 for 6 year 60000, with a $50 deductible. I don't know if that is a good price or not because I did not shop around.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Don't know if this helps but I paid 750 for 6 year 60000, with a $50 deductible. I don't know if that is a good price or not because I did not shop around.
    I'm not sure either. My quote was for 7-yr/100,000 with a zero deductible.

I've been researching extended warranties for a few days and Subaru's is considered a good deal by the analysts, much the same as the premium packages offered by companies such as Warranty Direct and 1SourceAutoWarranty.

Originally posted by is2scooby
    No problem. I was just thinking that the extended warranty would be a waste if you were planning on modding any of the mechanicals in the car since you probably wouldn't get a lot of love at the dealership...
    Hehe.. I was actually thinking about this the other day, and thought it might actually be a bargaining chip with the service department. You have the right to cash out the remaining value of your extended warranty, and they will prorate the value based on time/mileage and the dealership that sold you the car has to pay you outta their pockets. SO, if I'm ever denied warranty service because of some unrelated mod I did to my car (like not fixing my clutch because I have an aftermarket axleback exhaust) I'll tell them, "Fine. Please cash out my extended warranty, and I'll use the money to go get it fixed at a different shop." I have a feeling they'll change their minds and let SOA take the hit rather than shelling out the cash from their own pockets.

I got the same warranty and paid around $1500. That should also include free lifetime oil changes if they didn't offer that.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

I'm finding it's definitely a buyer's market in regards to the extended warranty (Gold Plus: 7-yr/100,000-mi). When I asked the dealer who I ordered my WRX through, he quoted $1,495. Then I received an email from another dealer who quoted $100 more than that. When I said that I already had an offer of $1,495 he countered that he would sell at cost for $1,230 if I bought it before the end of June. Apparently they're under a sales push with a June 30 deadline.

I did ask my dealer if it was okay if I replaced the up-pipe and he said no problem. He wouldn't void my warranty over something so trivial