oil change on subys, easy!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on oil change on subys, easy! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just changed the oil lastnight on my new 04 wagon (500 miles) for the first time. It was also ...

oil change on subys, easy!

I just changed the oil lastnight on my new 04 wagon (500 miles) for the first time. It was also my first time changing oil on a Suby. I can't believe how great of a location the oil filter is in, nice and simple to get to. All of the million other cars that I've changed the oil in are a pain in the ass, gotta like that boxer engine configuration. It takes longer to take the lower engine guard off than it does to change the oil and filter...

rock on, after another 100 miles are so, I'm going to drive it like I own it, can't wait!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: oil change on subys, easy!

Originally posted by crampers
    I'm going to drive it like I own it, can't wait!
    Drive it like you stole it.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

good point, drive it like I stole it or rented it, don't know what I was thinking this morning when I wrote that, too early I guess...

For the break-in period, I drove the tires like I stole them (they'll be the first things to go), the engine like I own it and the transmission like I sold my soul for it and if I break I die.

Now that its broken in I drive the engine like I am borrowing it from a friend and he won't know what I did to it but I can't break it, the tranny still like I sold my soul, and the chassis & tires like I stole it. "Treat the shift knob like an eggshell" and you'll be alright.

You changed your oil at 500 miles? Doesnt the oil have some kind of additive in it for break in purpose?

yea, i was told to leave it to 3000 like the manual said b/c its got some detergents in the initial oil.

I just hit 1000 miles tonight!! WOOOO HOOOO this thing zips!!

Originally posted by Dream
    You changed your oil at 500 miles? Doesnt the oil have some kind of additive in it for break in purpose?
    no

but typically a different viscosity is used to allow a little more friction.

changing it at 500 is a bit anal. waiting till 1000 is a good idea, so that when you start driving hard, any break in sediment is removed from the system.

dR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.