CEL: P0301 Random Misfire @ Cyl. #1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL: P0301 Random Misfire @ Cyl. #1 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So that's my code any I deas as to the cause? I'm thinking maybe just a loose spark plug wire ...

CEL: P0301 Random Misfire @ Cyl. #1

So that's my code any I deas as to the cause? I'm thinking maybe just a loose spark plug wire (do they actually have such a thing)
    or maybe the connection from the coil pack to the spark plug boot/wire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a pile of info about this over at...ahem...you know....

This is a common code, the fix calls for sending your ECU to SOA (the dealer does this) for a complete reflash to adjust some parameters (assuming your CEL was tripped for the same reason). Keep in mind the reflash is ordered for ECU's from the earlier batch of builds.

I found the discussion on nabisco three months after the dealer told me about things and took care of the car so Subaru is aware, this isn't just a message board rumor.

Well that sucks. I don't want to send the ECU back to SOA.
    Is it a real problem that could lessen the life of my engine?

It's done with overnight shipping, only two days of down time and the rental/loaner car is free. Doesn't suck too bad. Most likely it's nothing that will ever cause a major problem but peace of mind is better than piece of piston IMHO. I mention this because some have had pistons/rings damaged which caused the same CEL, it might be worth at least considering the reflash or checking to make sure the code wasn't due to something else.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.