Intercooler Cleaning

This is a discussion on Intercooler Cleaning within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Question, Does anybody know the best way to clean in intercooler? When I open the hod of my WRX to ...

Question Intercooler Cleaning

Question,

Does anybody know the best way to clean in intercooler? When I open the hod of my WRX to look at the engine or to show somebody it is kid of an I sore to see that layer of dirt picked up by the intercooler from the hood scoop. Since I am sure that there are those of you who put your cars up for show, what is the best way to clean the surface of the intercooler? And while I am asking, what is your most recommened method to detailing the engine. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i usually just open the hood and go to a self serve car wash and hose everything down except the electronics with the pressurewasher..that works really reallywell i must say!

You could spray some simple green on the IC and just rinse it off with a hose, but be careful with the fins, i did this for mine and it helped a little.

Use a soft brush from a vacum cleaner and suck the life out of it, carefull not to inflick damage to fins or ruin wife's vac, it caught using wife's VAC, claim you didn't know it was her's anyways. Say you found it in closet and it didn't have her name on it so its fair game..........Otherwise say your sorry, then ask for sex right there in the garage, tell her no ones looking....
    " Hey its only money, we'll make more "

Simple enough, wasn't sure, thanks for the advice guys!!!