Palm PDA OBDII Scanner Tools

This is a discussion on Palm PDA OBDII Scanner Tools within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been interested lately in buying a OBDII scanner for checking and clearing CEL codes. I have also been ...

I Support ClubWRX

Palm PDA OBDII Scanner Tools

I have been interested lately in buying a OBDII scanner for checking and clearing CEL codes. I have also been researching the Palm PDA type OBDII scanners and such. My philosophy is, why not but something that also funchtions as an address and phone # holders, as well as a calculator, and of course a OBDII scanner. I would like to know if anyone uses these types of scanners here, or has any experience with these types. Here's a few links. Please feel free to comment on the benefits or disadvantages of using these types of scanners:

http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/palm.htm

http://www.auterraweb.com/

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Palm PDA OBDII Scanner Tools

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    I have been interested lately in buying a OBDII scanner for checking and clearing CEL codes. I have also been researching the Palm PDA type OBDII scanners and such. My philosophy is, why not but something that also funchtions as an address and phone # holders, as well as a calculator, and of course a OBDII scanner. I would like to know if anyone uses these types of scanners here, or has any experience with these types. Here's a few links. Please feel free to comment on the benefits or disadvantages of using these types of scanners:

http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/palm.htm

http://www.auterraweb.com/

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I have the NOLOGY PDA-Dyno and OBDII Scan tool installed on my PDA.

I'm going to order Auterra cable and OBDII connector.

From what I've heard I can run the NOLOGY software with the Auterra cables.

The Auterra is about 60.00 cheaper.

I'll keep you posted to what findings I have.
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup."

I got mine from www.pocketlogger.com. So far it works OK, but I haven't really taken the time to get to know it well. I need to get used to the datalogging feature, all I do with it now is clear my p0420.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

I use Pocketlogger to log velocity during autocrosses.

Better to fix whatever is causing the codes than to constantly have to reset them. The two most common codes are:

P0546 EGT circuit High (temps low)
    P????? Exhaust gas catylist inefficiency (something like that)

If you get the P0546 you probalby have a bad EGT. Mine went away when I replaced the EGT

The cat inefficiency is fixed by a mod available through Cobb tuning or Pony Express. I don't get either of those codes anymore.

Kurlee...

I have it on my PDA. YOu're more than welcome to give it a shot if you like. I'm in the BayArea.

-LostLamb
    Matt

Send me a PM
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Hey Kurlee...I'm using OTTOSCAN for my Handspring. Works good...only thing is you can only take snap shots of what's going on.

I'm upgrading my OBD2 software to a laptop based...so I can record the WHOLE progress of my track driving and look at it afterwards.

www.odb-2.com is what I'm getting next.

PDA scanner are good for just looking and clearing CEL...but not so good for track/autoXers.

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Originally posted by LostLamb
    Hey Kurlee...I'm using OTTOSCAN for my Handspring. Works good...only thing is you can only take snap shots of what's going on.
    I'm upgrading my OBD2 software to a laptop based...so I can record the WHOLE progress of my track driving and look at it afterwards.
    www.odb-2.com is what I'm getting next.
    PDA scanner are good for just looking and clearing CEL...but not so good for track/autoXers.
    -LostLamb
    The Pocketlogger scanner can save over an hour of data for up to 4 sensors scanning at 5 samples per second (up to 20 samples per second on some cars). You can export the data to Excel and plot it any way you want. Its very nice for Auto-X

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by LostLamb
    Kurlee...

I have it on my PDA. YOu're more than welcome to give it a shot if you like. I'm in the BayArea.

-LostLamb
    Matt

Send me a PM
    Matt,

I just got a Handspring Visor Delux as an early Birthday gift. Is this the same one you use? You also have a PM.

Are there any OBD-II handheld solutions for Windows CE devices (specifically for Toshiba E335 PDA)? Could someone with OBD handheld solutions please post a review of the product they are using, such as ease of installation, downloadable upgrades, usability, etc? Thanks so much.
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties