BG MOA/ MOC safe with synthetic?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BG MOA/ MOC safe with synthetic? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it O.K. to add the BG MOA or BG MOC to an engine around is 30K service even if ...

BG MOA/ MOC safe with synthetic?

Is it O.K. to add the BG MOA or BG MOC to an engine around is 30K service even if I'm using synthetic oil? I understand that if I can find the BG MOC, I only keep it in and drive around for 15 minutes or so before draining, but iis it safe to use with synthetic? Also, What is the difference between the MOA and MOC....cause I have only seen the Motor Oil Additive.... Thanks
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    I don't see MOC on the website www.bgprod.com

I know with the MOA, they had offered a roadside assistance plan with the MOA. Whether it's still in effect, I'm not sure.

You should be fine using good oil and consistent oil changes.

Thanks Tan. I can recall reading a post by GV27 where he recommended an oil "cleaner" of some sort when doing the 30K service, then draining it when changing fluids. I'll try to find the link, but the cleaner was Wwhat I was wondering about.....wqhat it does, is it necessary, etc.
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Thule Bike RackS

oh crud...I think I'm just confused.....
    lemme look again
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Thule Bike RackS

tan
    if you're talking about oil flushing....they are petroleum distillates. Many people back in the day used 1 quart of kerosene or diesel fuel in the crankcase. Let it idle for 5 minutes, then do the oil change.

Yep. My bad...Just saw GV rec'd BG quick clean.....So I'll probably pick that up with a can of BG44K also. Thanks for the help, Tan.

Another quick question- Do the tranny and rear diff use the same oil? I.E., Motul Gear 300 or Gearbox, or their Dexron III technosythese ?
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Thule Bike RackS

tan
    run a quick search...

IIRC, they use a 75w90 GL-5 gear oil.

I've read soooooo much through the searches, I wanted to ask one myself I think I read somewhere about the dexron....so i'll check for that. Thanks again Tan
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Thule Bike RackS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.