Tire rotation

This is a discussion on Tire rotation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This might be a stupid question to some of you, but this is my first AWD car. Is a tire ...

Tire rotation

This might be a stupid question to some of you, but this is my first AWD car. Is a tire rotation needed on a WRX? I figured maybe not if the car has a perfect 50/50 power distribution from the front to the rear.

Thanks,
    Todd
    '05 Obsidian Black STi (my dream has come true)
    '93 SE-R (JDM SR20DE waiting...)
    '69 Camaro SS (project car)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes, still very much needed. The fronts will still wear a lot quicker than the rears. It's because not only do you turn with the fronts, but if you do some decent launches you'll actually get some wheel spin from the fronts cause they don't have LSD. So get it done especially since the differentials won't like you very much if you have drastically differently worned tires and thus different sizes...
    autobahn storming scooby

I checked the manual and it shows to swap the backs with the fronts, but not different sides. There may be an obvious answer to my question, but why not swap sides as well?
    2005 Forrester XT premium

The tires are unidirectional