Washing your WRX in AUTO CAR WASH

This is a discussion on Washing your WRX in AUTO CAR WASH within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone has washed there WRX in a AUTOMATIC CAR WASH??? Iam scared of ...

Washing your WRX in AUTO CAR WASH

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone has washed there WRX in a AUTOMATIC CAR WASH???

Iam scared of the water and soap or even wax getting into my intercooler.......Not sure if I should take it to a AUTOMATIC CAR WASH. FOr now I will wash it by hand myself. And be very carefull.

Any input would help a lot and be appriciated. Thanks.

Peace.
    Yo, Yo What's the deal YO.

Peace Out...ONE. L.A.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check out this thread Automatic Car Washes
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't worry. I like the touchless carwashes personally. The one near me sprays this 'rainbow' coloured stuff all over the car, and I did actually check the intercooler afterwards and there was nothing there. I wouldn't worry about it..

The only thing I got paranoid about was the high velocity heater/dryer - I felt like my hood/hoodscoop was going to get ripped off!!!!
    2010 SSM STI

Arrow

I own a Quick Lube oil change shop with a touch free automatic wash. No brushes touch the vehicles. I've never had any problems what so ever with it causing problems with intercoolers, radiators, paint, shirl marks, or scrathes. I run my WRX wagon through it on a regular basis. Of course, there is no replacement for a hand wash. (and never will be!)

I don't have the time for washing it myself, so I use an automatic car wash- the paint looks fine- there are some swirl marks, but I've seen them on cars that people wash by hand.

Originally posted by jedimaster
    I don't have the time for washing it myself, so I use an automatic car wash- the paint looks fine- there are some swirl marks, but I've seen them on cars that people wash by hand.
    I've seen a tendancy to have the windshield wipers flake off the paint from using high pressure washers. Not sure if it's related to plain old exposure to the sun too. But it seems people I know who power wash their cars have shiny metal wiper arms that used to be black.

I still prefer a hand wash and cringe at the thought of washing my WRX with an automatic washer thing, touchless or not.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by beastcivic
    I've seen a tendancy to have the windshield wipers flake off the paint from using high pressure washers. Not sure if it's related to plain old exposure to the sun too. But it seems people I know who power wash their cars have shiny metal wiper arms that used to be black.

Easily fixed with a little flat black model paint.

I hand wash my car in the summer. It stays shinier that way. If i was in a situation where I couldn't get out to use the wand myself at the car wash, I would go through the automatic with no fear as long as it was brushless. Do not fear about the intercooler. I'd be more worried about it getting rocks and other debris in it while driving.

Dude this is what Mexicans are for. Go to the local manual labor car wash and help stimulate the economy.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

"Dude this is what Mexicans are for. Go to the local manual labor car wash and help stimulate the economy. "

Whoa- dude, I like a good racial joke (I think it's funny to make fun of anyone including myself), but you are Sooo getting in trouble for that one.

I was at the carwash the other day and there was this guy in a Mercedes SUV being a real jerk to the (they happen to be) Mexican guys washing his car. He was saying "Look at the window- are you gonna clean the f'in window?". I really wanted to tell him to chill, but I was having a good day and didn't want to have to deal with a fight. But really, the guys working there ride in on bikes and he's b1tching about his Mercedes? He needs a wake up call.