30.000 miles service - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 30.000 miles service within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What makes this service so costly is that the dealership throws on a bunch of other "maintenance" items to justify ...

What makes this service so costly is that the dealership throws on a bunch of other "maintenance" items to justify a higher price. Get a list from the dealer and their cost and compare to the manual. MAke an active judgement on what you think is necessary and what you can do yourself. Negotiate the difference with the dealership or go to a local garage.

Just a suggestion.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The cushion filter is what filters out the smells when you mat the gas and make unsuspecting customers s**t their pants.
    Its in the seat cushion.......

30.000 miles service

how much do you have to pay on the dealer?
    i saw mine is almost $600
    $570 something i guess
    it's freakin expensive
    what about u guys?

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't pay the dealer to do that crap! Seriously, the only thing any dealer is good for is to either order parts from or have warranty work done.

Those xx,xxx mile services are basically glorified oil changes. I'm just going to assume it's the same with the WRX. It's a joke what they charge you for - stuff like "full charging system inspection"...and so on.

My dad just paid about $600 for his Infiniti to get the 30k service. What a joke. They basically changed the oil, topped off fluids, and..uhh..inspected everything. Seriously, don't do it. It's almost all DIY work that's very easy - except for maybe a valve adjustment (if that's even required for the Rex at 30k).

I just had to vent on this stuff! Dealers are scum for maintenance and repairs.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

30 000 miles = 50 000 km right?

Better still, its the 2 year service? If so, than its a major service, not just a simple oil change here, everything gets drained and re-filled.

I'm up for that service in 2 months time, have been quoted by my local Subaru Service centre for $750 AUD, I've heard of others who have paid well over the $1000 AUD mark.
    Its all about "Love and Respect"

$570 or so doesn't sound too unreasonable. I took mine to a Midas or some-such and it cost about $520 or so.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

You can do the 30,000 service yourself if you have the proper tools and skills. Here are the instructions fron the service manual (requires Acrobat Reader) http://home.attbi.com/~chmoore3/peri...aintenance.pdf
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Thumbs up Thanks for the link, bdoug.

Thanks for the link, bdoug.

I don't think I could bring myself to pay for PMs from the dealer.

bah

Originally posted by drover
    $570 or so doesn't sound too unreasonable. I took mine to a Midas or some-such and it cost about $520 or so.
    that's still above $500
    u know what, toyota dealer only charge me $300 for 30k service while i still have my celica

$419.95 at Central Subaru in Dallas, TX

Wow, I thought $419 was expensive. SO I guess that isn't too bad of a deal. I only have 4k miles on my car so I have a ways to go but it is good to hear different feedback.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a big ol' thread on this topic:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=11537
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

ok, from what i got ...... these are the most important things on 30k service

tranny/transfer case oil/fluid
    coolant flush
    brake fluid replaced
    differential oil replacement
    rotate tires <- this is piece of cake, NTB can do it for cheap
    check brakes
    oil change
    fuel/air filter

what else is important do you think?

Mastro gave me a sheet of paper with each service and how much the dealer SHOULD charge you for it. Its in my glove box, ill check it when i get to my car later today and see what it says
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by drover
    you're right, it doesn't sound unreasonable, it sounds OUTRAGOUS! the dealers are going to kill you here, expect to pay about half at a reputable mechanic shop for parts and labor for the SAME service.

dR

my dealership quoted me $352 for the 30k service, but those ***holes will void your warranty on spot for any mods :-( I'll get my car serviced, get the clutch put in, then deal with mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.