In a pinch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on In a pinch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So in a pinch, I had to take my car to a Valvoline oil change place to get the oil ...

In a pinch

So in a pinch, I had to take my car to a Valvoline oil change place to get the oil changed, and of course they f'd it up. Over filled the piss out of it. Drove it for a 100 miles or so smelling burning oil the entire time. Took it back and dropped the level down. So, do you think there might be damage? Where was the oil coming from that I was smelling? I guess next time even if its 5 degrees out and 8" of snow on the ground I will do it myself.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I seriously doubt there is any damage. In fact it is highly unlikely. Just don't let them work on your car again. Oil changes are very easy to do and you'll save money, too. Especially when you start using synthetic oil.

X

Originally posted by MisterX
    I seriously doubt there is any damage. In fact it is highly unlikely. Just don't let them work on your car again. Oil changes are very easy to do and you'll save money, too. Especially when you start using synthetic oil.

X
    I have made the change to synth, and at $50.00 I will be doing it myself.

How many miles do you guys go?

I had to show they guy where the "full" level on the dipstick was today. How bad is it when they can't read a dipstick? And this guy was bragging about his badass DSM Turbo Eclipse.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

I only run 4,000 miles on oil - at the most.

X

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.