Really Low Idle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Really Low Idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, My WRX is idling really really low... about 200-400rpm. Could anyone tell me what maybe the problem and ...

Really Low Idle

Hey everyone,
    My WRX is idling really really low... about 200-400rpm. Could anyone tell me what maybe the problem and if i need to get anything fixed. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01- sti.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    mine idles pretty low too, I'm not sure how low though.. I'll check tomarrow

I don't think your car CAN idle at 200rpm... Do you have any mods? What does the motor feel like? Did it always do this? Any rhyme or reason to why/when this started happening?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

RE:

Yeah, its really bugging me! Its making me worry that there might be something wrong

I don't think your car CAN idle at 200rpm... Do you have any mods? What does the motor feel like? Did it always do this? Any rhyme or reason to why/when this started happening?

Well, its under the half way mark (between 0 and 1,000rpm) The only mod i have on my car so far is (MRT Cold Air INtake with UNIfilter) My motor feels a little rough also, it kind of shakes the car and its happen a couple times before, but i never paid too much attention to it until now.

half way between 0 and 1000 is 500, that's where the car idles. So it's normal. And mine will shake a little bit every so often at idle too. Unless it's a violent shaking not a mild shake I'd say you have a 'normal' car.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by beastcivic
    half way between 0 and 1000 is 500, that's where the car idles. So it's normal. And mine will shake a little bit every so often at idle too. Unless it's a violent shaking not a mild shake I'd say you have a 'normal' car.
    I'll ditto that...mine does it too.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Normal idle = ~500rpm for me too.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I had an APS intake that made my car idle very rough and run lean. I didnt even get around the block before I came back and went back to my stock intake. A lot of aftermarket intakes give false MAF readings resulting in a lean condition. I would only use this intake if you can tune for it.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Mine idles 400-500rpm and has a little shake every now and then

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.