Green Connectors under dash??

This is a discussion on Green Connectors under dash?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was under my dash wiring up my new boost gauge and I noticed two green connectors (one male, the ...

Green Connectors under dash??

I was under my dash wiring up my new boost gauge and I noticed two green connectors (one male, the other female) with one wire each (Black w/red stripe?). They were unplugged.

Does anyone know what these are for? And why were they disconnected? Also, what are all the extra "unplugged" connectors for? (They're all on the driver's side under the dash.)

BTW I have an '03 WRX wagon.

Thanks for any help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My car has those too...I noticed them when I was installing my alarm. There are also some other plugs that don't go to anything too. I looked in my wiring diagrams and here's what I found:

Green Connectors (B75 & B76): Test mode connector. I believe you connect this when you are doing diagnostic tests. When connected, the CEL will flash at a rate of 3 Hz.

I'm not sure what the other connectors in that area are for, but here is what I found:
    Black Connector (B82): Diagnosis connector
    Other Connector (B250): Flash memory connector
    Last edited by Hot_Dog; 01-26-2003 at 12:02 AM.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Here's the diagram that the connector number are from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front_wiring.jpg  

Hot dog got it right. They're also great for valet parking as the engine is pretty much in limp mode.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Do what?...<G>

Hotdog, Are you saying pluggin in the wires together will flash the C.E.L in code fashion?..i.e, Gm, Fomco,etc?

DJrez4, So if I plug these in I can let my wife use my car and she CANT dog it?.............<GGGGGGGGGGG>

Serious, No flames, just questons

Thanks
    Shotgun

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88

DJrez4, So if I plug these in I can let my wife use my car and she CANT dog it?.............<GGGGGGGGGGG>
    You are correct sir! (at least to the best of my knowledge, I think so......)
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I think the CEL just flashes to let you know the connector is plugged in. To get codes you need an OBD-II scan tool. I'm not too sure how drivable the car is when in test mode. Just plug it in and try it...its not going to hurt your car at all.

On my Civic, when in test mode, the ECU would not store any trouble codes. This was so you could adjust the timinig and the CEL would not come on. I'm not sure if this is also the purpose on the subaru.

Hey Guys,
    Thanks!!!.........Hee,Hee

Its not that I really mind her drivin it, But I KNOW how she drives when Im not around!!!

Plus!!!, I can whine and say: See, KNOW I got a dam C.E.L light, That means I gotta buy more PARTS!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!

Oh what an evil web I spin..

SHotgun

Many Thanks!!

Many thanks to all for the information. I got everything hooked up okay. I was also pokin' around to see if there was a way to fool the keyless entry system into thinkin' it was an alarm, but I just read on subaruparts.com that it's actually a separate module.

Thanks again!!

There is a nice little use for this connector. It will cause all of the relays and solenoids in the car to cycle on and off. So, if youre right headlamp is out, both on low and high beam, and you want to know if its the relay - you just connect that little baby and see if the relay clicks with all the others. Same to test the fuel pump relay, power windows, etc. This can save you alot of time with throuble shooting.

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

i got something for ya guys i have a wire unplugged right under the dash right next to the green connectors. there are 2 wired they are both black with red stripe. they were taped together any idea what they are for the look like they came out the the white connector that is used to the initiate plug? flash memory connector?

k thanks everyone i had same question no clue what the were for now i can be comfortable if someone drives my car hahahh