flat tire

This is a discussion on flat tire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a decent sized hole in my sidewall how long does that flatfix stuff hold for? is that semiperminant...

flat tire

i have a decent sized hole in my sidewall how long does that flatfix stuff hold for? is that semiperminant

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you already put the fix-a-flat stuff in, you're probably going to have to replace the whole tire. And if you have to replace one tire, you have to replace them all.

Fix-a-flat is only good for getting you out of the woods. It will leak again. Get your tires replaced ASAP.

Sorry
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by koyokid
    If you already put the fix-a-flat stuff in, you're probably going to have to replace the whole tire. And if you have to replace one tire, you have to replace them all.

Fix-a-flat is only good for getting you out of the woods. It will leak again. Get your tires replaced ASAP.

Sorry

i think he meant would the fix a flat be safe to drive on to where ever he has to get tires...i could be wrong...and i don`t know the answer if thats what you meant

Re: flat tire

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    i have a decent sized hole in my sidewall how long does that flatfix stuff hold for? is that semiperminant
    Will not fix a side wall puncture.

And any damage to a side wall means the tire is scrap rubber.

Never drive with damaged side walls its a major fact all sidewall damaged tires result in blow outs. Many trucks get bricks and rocks stuck between the rear tires and they wear away at the walls and cause them to explode. or go flat and rip to shreads. If it goes at low speed you are likely not to notice it and cause teribble damage to the inner fenders/bumpers.

i sealed it up with fix a flat for now so i could drive it...there is no way im getting 4 new tires now koyo these tires are less then a month old..so the treadwear isnt an issue cause there really isnt any yet....plus they are blizzaks and at like 150 a pop they are kinda pricey..thank god i got a replacement plan from kost so i can hopefully get a new tire tomorrow.

how did you come upon a hole in the sidewall anyway?

tan
    If you have the road hazard warranty.....and since it's about a month old....you can basically replace that tire. Even if you didn't have the hazard plan, you'd still be paying little out of pocket for the tire, since it's pro-rated. You might pay for mounting and balancing

i hit a curb going 20 i didnt see it cause it was covered with snow...like 5 other people have done it....it was just a pinch flat type hole...but yeah i looked at my form from kost...i have free new tire for the lifetime, as well as free mounting and balancing for the lifetime of the car...pretty damn sweet huh?

WRX
    got any pics of the damage?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods