Gas Fumes In Cabin

This is a discussion on Gas Fumes In Cabin within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question here.... It's about 10 degrees here. I haven't stepped in gas or spilled any. I checked under the ...

Gas Fumes In Cabin

Quick question here....

It's about 10 degrees here. I haven't stepped in gas or spilled any. I checked under the hood and under the car. When I'm sitting still and idling I'm getting gas fumes, as soon as I start to move it clears up. I turned off the heater and fan, didn't seem to happen. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks for the help.
    2002 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey thanks for the info!
    2002 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock

sure. i have the smell too. be sure to check out the nasioc link. i need to have the dealer take a look.

i guess there is a common link hidden in the fuel lines under the intake funnel, and most dealers are missing it.

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I even told my dealer where it was and they couldn't find it. They told me my K&N was over-oiled and causing the trouble .

Anyway, I'm going to print out that NASIOC thread and show them the yellow fuel stains and hopefully they'll do it. I'd do it myself, but it looks like a real PITA!

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*