Break-In period

This is a discussion on Break-In period within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm at 680 miles right now. In the manual, it says to keep it under 4,000 for the first 1,000 ...

Break-In period

I'm at 680 miles right now. In the manual, it says to keep it under 4,000 for the first 1,000 miles...no hard braking, etc. I'm at 682 right now. I just wanted to ask around. What's the milage that you first started to 'have fun'? and have you had any problems since then whatsoever? Thanks guys/girls --Stomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I drove the car normally during the first 1000 miles. I didn't thrash it, but I did drive it. I'm on 6000 miles now without a single problem, bar a squeaky clutch which they had to lubricate the actuator to fix
    2010 SSM STI

I did my best to keep it under 4k rpm for the first 1000. I did have to drive it ~270 miles the day I picked it up though, and on that trip I mis-shifted twice and went over 4k rpm. I haven't have any real problems with the car besides the normal things everyone else gets, clutch shudder, creaking noises in the cabin, had the window squeak too but thats gone. Oh, I Got that squeaky clutch too. And I get a wierd fluttering noise at 3k rpm in 1st and 2-3k rpm in 2nd and 3rd.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I limp-footed the car for the prerequisite 1k miles and then found out what boost was all about!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

haha the window squeek i thought i was ripped that squeek is like saten himself in my front door.

here is a link to a search i ran. it hit about 10 similar topics.

take a look, i've pulled some of them out here for you. if you have any additional questions, please post them on previously similar threads.

also, in the future, give the search function a try. it'll often get you an answer much faster than waiting for people to stumble across your post. also, it allows us to keep like topics in like areas so no one has to look for a long time to get an answer.

Did you break in your WRX?

Break in new car?

Break In Time

break in questions

how do you break in the motor safely?

dR