Subaru Warns All Dealers to "Void" Warranties for Specific Mods - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Warns All Dealers to "Void" Warranties for Specific Mods within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by polkaband Are there any disadvantages to having a flywheel that's too light? yes. too light of a ...

Quote Originally Posted by polkaband
    Are there any disadvantages to having a flywheel that's too light?
    yes.
    too light of a flywheel will most likely cause engine misfire. go with a lighter one, but not too crazy light
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru pisses me off, they market as a ralley inspired go anywhere awd and get there fast and then they wont let you upgrade the sh*t they got wrong, cold gitters bad abs, a trans that cant handle the *****ing 227 ponies bad paint bad glass, etc and then they try to screw you out of the warrantie. Man if i didnt love the car i would never buy another one. Just seems a little unfair, if they got their part right meybe we would be putting all our money into our cars. now i have to go take my drugs.
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I Support ClubWRX
    A worthwhile repost:

Warranty Information Update
    Literature #: 01-156-03
    Description:
    This bulletin reinforces Subaru of America’s (SOA) position regarding repairs to Subaru vehicles necessitated by vehicle modifications, racing or abusive driving habits.
    Under normal driving conditions SOA warrants wear items such as clutch discs and brake pads under the terms of the Basic New Car Warranty. If a clutch disc or a brake pad needs to be replaced at low mileage, the dealership must satisfy itself that the replacement is not the result of one of the exclusions listed in the CDS Policy, Guidelines and Procedures Manual and the Owner’s Warranty Maintenance Manual.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

just take the most critical mods off before you take the car in. Such as if you blow first gear put all you stock parts back on. Should save you a couple $2000

My friend found out the hard way, tosted his engine with 29000 miles and the dealer told him no repairs, he paid $2000-$3000 for the engine

just a few months later same thing with his trans

he was moded with upgraded turbo, timmer all the good stuff
    2000 Z28 MTI clear lid, K&N Filter, Larger Blure MAF ends, SLP Smooth bellows, Camaro SS catback with cut out, Tubular rear lower control arms, 13.3@106 and 316 RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by tx77015ls1
    just take the most critical mods off before you take the car in. Such as if you blow first gear put all you stock parts back on. Should save you a couple $2000

My friend found out the hard way, tosted his engine with 29000 miles and the dealer told him no repairs, he paid $2000-$3000 for the engine

just a few months later same thing with his trans

he was moded with upgraded turbo, timmer all the good stuff
    isnt that considered fraud?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by le wagon
    isnt that considered fraud?
    A little bit, yes. What's a little fraud among friends, eh? Seriously, it is dishonest and it is fraud.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I call it playing it safe.

A few years back I had a 1997 Z28 I bought with a extended waranty. I added a supercharger. I I blew the rings out of it. Before i took it in, i took the super charger off and played dumb. They said its very unusual for this to happen with a car thjat has only 27000 miles. they also said thatwhen i brought it back @ 35000 miles, 42000 miles and 56000 miles. All for the same problem. And they paid everytime cuz they had no proof I had a supercharger
    2000 Z28 MTI clear lid, K&N Filter, Larger Blure MAF ends, SLP Smooth bellows, Camaro SS catback with cut out, Tubular rear lower control arms, 13.3@106 and 316 RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by beastcivic
    From what I remember reading, the Candian version of our stock alarm system has a built in turbo timer. So why would they be so against an aftermarket one in the US?
    i am a canadian 2005 wrx owner from vancouver, and i can say that this is not true. i dont know where you herd about a stock tt for canadian models.

i find it hard to beleive a turbo timer, bov and gauges void your warranty.....

Quote Originally Posted by brujito
    i find it hard to beleive a turbo timer, bov and gauges void your warranty.....
    me too !
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

There is a difference in voiding the warranty claim for a specific concern aka problem which is what they are talking about verse voiding the entire warranty which they dont. I can say, working for Ford, Toyota, and now Subaru this is standard practice throughout every dealership. If the car comes in with an aftermarket part and that part caused failure or the addition of aftermarket parts that show indication that the vehicle was abused can void the warranty claim for that specific repair. I dont write the rules, I follow them. I race both cars myself and you have to pay to play.

Having a turbo timer, boostgauge Brembo brakes and exhaust wont void a claim for a window motor. I just did one on a 2002 WRX that had all sorts of sh!t and I did a recall for him and tried to do the seat bolt recall, but he had aftermarket seats, so we didnt do it.

I think people are reading too much into this, or it wasnt clearly written.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

what about taking stock parts from another model of WRX? Like they are Subaru parts, say a turbo from an STi on a bugeye, or an STi exhaust on a regular WRX?
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

I had to take off all the mods on my 03 wrx before taking it in when the flywheel had a defect... thus causing over 7k in damage to the tranny, clutch, flywheel and the list goes on... warranty covered everything
    1994 Honda Accord - SOLD
    1993 Honda Civic B18 Turbo - SOLD
    1994 Acura Integra Turbo GSR - SOLD
    2003 WRX - STOLEN/RECOVERED... TOTALED
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T - SOLD

WANTED - 2004-2005 WRX or STi, Aspin White, or Silver

Banned
    So a Cat Back exhaust voids all my warenty?

lmao, theres an 04 wrx with STI wing and turbotimer installed on it at my local subaru dealer...came off a lease....if they sell that they better offer a warranty on it

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast