please tell me I didn't fry my ecu

This is a discussion on please tell me I didn't fry my ecu within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my battery was dead at work this afternoon. My buddy pulls his car up to help me jump it ...

please tell me I didn't fry my ecu

So my battery was dead at work this afternoon. My buddy pulls his car up to help me jump it off. I hook it up fine to my car but like an idiot, I didn't check him hooking the jumper cables up to his. I hop in my car and as soon as I put the key in the ignition the horn starts blaring. I immediatley pull the cables off my car and fix the problem.

When I hooked it up correctly the car would not do a thing. The only thing that works are the door locks and the chime when the key is in the ignition. I was in a rush so I took a different vehicle home and left mine at work.

Am I screwed when I get to work tomorrow? Or by chance have a just blown a fuse. I really don't want to replace my ecu/utec.
    18g + ppg =

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whew. Blew the main fuse 80A and the fuse on my amp. A quick trip to advance and 4 dollars later I am back in business.
    18g + ppg =