Radiator Fan wont kick on

This is a discussion on Radiator Fan wont kick on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My radiator fan won't kick on but it works with the A/C on. I know u can jump the thermoswitch ...

Radiator Fan wont kick on

My radiator fan won't kick on but it works with the A/C on. I know u can jump the thermoswitch that turns the fans on and off but i cant find thermoswitch anywhere in the manuals... Only thing i see is a 3 wired engine coolant temperature sensor. The manual says check fan motor and thermoswitch if radiator fan doesnt operate. Does anyone kno where it is or is it the engine coolant temp sensor i jump? if so which wires? The wiring diagram doesnt say much. BTW its an 02 WRX but unfortunately not STi. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    it doesn't turn on ever?

Yes it does, i took it to the dealership and the guy told me it should kick on if u turn the A/C on. But the actual Subaru technician is out on surgery. The A/C clutch is also wired to the sub fan assembly apparently. So it'll run only if the A/C is on.

Banned
    ok. cause the radiator isn't on 100% of the time right? at least mine isn't. hoping it's normal. it cycles on and off.

So yours will only go on ever if your AC is on? did the subie tech say it was just a wiring problem?

Subie tech was getting surgery i just got a VW tech and he didnt really say much except if it turned on with AC on. Well i kno now that if u disconnect the coolant temp sensor the fans kick on high speed 24/7 (until power shuts off) but u read -40F =) so most likely my sensor went bad =X