what should i use to clean my intercooler tubes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what should i use to clean my intercooler tubes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 02 with aftermarket intercooler tubes. There is this oil gunck that builds up. From what i have read ...

what should i use to clean my intercooler tubes

I have 02 with aftermarket intercooler tubes. There is this oil gunck that builds up. From what i have read its the engines blowby gases that contain oil and when it goes through the turbo it tuns to this black oil stuff that is hard to get rid of. My fear is that my turbo is gone but i do have good boost pressure so i dont think that by turbo is bad. I also think there is some in my TMIC.

So what can i use to clean this crap out. I need something that will be safe for the tubes and TMIC.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've just used gasoline, but there are safer alternatives out there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Try some SeaFoam I've only heard good things about it.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

I thought about gasoline but i was concerned about it damaging the intercooler and other parts.

Who makes SeaFoam where do i get it?

I Support ClubWRX
    SeaFoam is the company, they make a variety of products.
    http://www.seafoamsales.com/

I was thinking of the Deep Creep product, http://www.seafoamsales.com/deepCreepConsumer.htm.
    It's used to clean pipes, carbs, etc.

You can find it at Advanced Auto Parts. If not click the Buy link on their web page and it will list all the places you can find it.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldave303 View Post
    I thought about gasoline but i was concerned about it damaging the intercooler and other parts.

Who makes SeaFoam where do i get it?
    It wont damage your intercooler, in fact I'd be more concerned with other solvents capable of leaving a film or pitting surfaces on your IC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.