~~Help Needed~~ No Fuel while driving~~ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on ~~Help Needed~~ No Fuel while driving~~ within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's what happened. I pulled the fuel pump relay with the main relay still connected. Fuse blew. connected fuel pump ...

Here's what happened. I pulled the fuel pump relay with the main relay still connected. Fuse blew. connected fuel pump relay, disconnected main relay, fuse did not blow.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gotcha, that means it blew with the main relay connected, and the O2 is on that circuit. i thought you menat it kept blowing with both relays out... have you checked the O2 wiring?
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

no, i will go check it out tomorrow. when it broke down i had it towed to my bros house because the ins company would only cover the mileage to the nearest dealership. My house is 60 miles from where i broke down and the dealership is 20. they wanted like 200 out of my pocket to tow so i said just take it to my bros which was only 15.
    VF-39 Powered

**update Problem Solved**

Went and checked out the o2 sensor this morning and to no my surprise, some of the wires were spliced and touching eachother. I disconnected the connector up top and tried to turn the key over with both relays connected and the fuse did not blow . Luckily I had another o2 sensor on hand and I installed it and she fired right up!! Thank you SO MUCH for all of the help sprint. If you lived close enough i'd buy you some beers!
    VF-39 Powered

no problem, glad you got it solved
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

Wow what Knowledge...

I am certainly in need of some of that Knowledge,

Guys i got to be the most Noobish guy on this site (maybe) I've just
    found and imported a WRX Subaru from Japan, My Car:

http://www.solveit-uk.com/imports/subaru-v-limited

You can see from the pictures exactly what is has installed/fitted.
    I got this June 13th i think it was, within 2wks it was on the road and i've had a CAT2 immobiliser fitted, It's given me no problems at all what so ever starting, running ect.

Yesterday i borrowed it my ex partner to get to work (no worries she's a very safe and compitent driver) but she rang me in the morn "it wont start, it wont start" she says, then i go off my head a touch whilst having to get out of bed, get dressed and go get and sort my car out (not had much sleep)
    5 mins later "it's started now, it's ok" she says, Now i know at this point my baby's ok i can go off my head at being woke up and give her a piece of my mind (had a wash u see so there's no going back to sleep now)
    Any hows, work finishes she brings it home and i get in to go pick up the ass burner (madras curry) thought but not sure if the fuel pump struggled a bit winding up.? any hows gets to curry house comes out and that's why im here now......... It would not start, my oh my oh my, i have no patience i got to stress this, im the guy in the advert who parks his car well away from danger but still gets hit lol any hows i noticed no Fuel Pump noise on the turn of the ignition.? well i know thats defiantly the reason for not starting so how to fix.?

I have copied all these diagrams within this post but i think were talking different models, mines a 96 wrx v-limited import.
    I followed it all way through to try and get a grip of it. the relay i take it are the BIG fuses under the bonnet.? and the ones that have the visible fuse wire to tell if its blown are all fine. I was just going to put a direct test on the pump to see if it fires up and if not then i was going to volt test the incoming wires to the pump to see if there's any current when ignition is turned on, is that a good thing to start with or useless.?
    If the pump didn't fire up and there's a current coming to it then i know replacing the Pump would fix the problem. If the pump fires up but no current is going through on turn of key then i'd go check and hopefully find a broken fuse (a re-check as checked them once in dark, all seemed fine but need to do it in daytime) Anything past that im knackered.?????

Doing these tests in the morning but any help on this problem with this model would be appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    if I were you, I'd start my own thread for this post buddy. Cool car, needs some work, but could be a sweet ride!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123