BOV not blowing off.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BOV not blowing off. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; IBtheparrots...

I Support ClubWRX
    IBtheparrots
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    You need to check to see if the air flow is cloged. I suggest sticking your head in the engine bay while having somone rev the engine. You need to get real close to make sure nothing is blocking the opening.

You better make a video so we can hear if it's cloged

what kinda bov do u have ?
    +1 on the vid
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Banned

Step 1: Remove BOV
    Step 2: Replace with Stock recirculating valve
    Step 3: Repackage BOV
    Step 4: Sell BOV to Civic owner
    Step 5: RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY A PART

You do not under any circumstance need a BOV. You are harming your engine. Even if you are flowing over 22psi you still need a recirculating valve.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Vrooooommpssssshhhhhhhhhhhhtttt

Banned
    We still want that Vid though

Your car will run like ass with a BOV. The car works on a MAF senssor as opposed to a MAP sensor found on a SRT4. Bottom line get rid of the BOV. click here to hear my BOV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zkjXVJs4s Played to the max

Banned

You do that

Banned
    Better be Cuz I'm Bloodin

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer420 View Post
    lil wayne suxs!!

I dont know about that I mean my car doesnt run like ass at all. It actually runs really really good! I mean good enough for ppl to be turning there heads and wanting to know every little thing i have! Every1 tells me it sounds and runs really good, but whatever thats your opinion.

thanks for the help though, i'll check on that cloged bov.
    make sure your head is really close to the BOV cause you want to listen to see if you hear a very quiet tick coming from it..if you hear that tick then replace the BOV and make sure your friend revs it 2 about 6000 rpms to make sure that its working or not working...
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Banned
    +1

yea you try that and you shouldnt hear the ticking sound
    man his eardrums are gonna explode! lol

dude it is wise to take it off because you are running rich. it is a cool sound but it sometimes shoots unwanted flames out of the back of your car.
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

lil wayne suxs!!

I dont know about that I mean my car doesnt run like ass at all. It actually runs really really good! I mean good enough for ppl to be turning there heads and wanting to know every little thing i have! Every1 tells me it sounds and runs really good, but whatever thats your opinion.

thanks for the help though, i'll check on that cloged bov.
    Wow, so your car "running good" is determined by people who don't know anything about ours cars enjoying a sound and asking questions? ok...

Take the BOV off, it is hurting your engine. Replace it with the stock DV now.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

OK the blow off valve is supposed to make this really cool sound of releasing air. My car does that but not all the time. Sometimes its really loud sometimes its soft and sometimes it doesnt do it at all which i think is weird, but maybe im wrong and its normal. But if any1 has an idea why its doing this that would be great! Thanks!
    ok so i was messin with you on how to check your BOV...you should really take it off..trust me i KNOW what im talking about...your only creating more turbo lag for yourself...and hurting your fuel trims and such...i could go on and on and on about why you should take it off but i dont feel like it..im a subie tech ..8 years in the feild...so if you dont wanna listen to a proffesional then go ahead and start throwing codes and burning up sensors..or worse...anyway the reason you prob hear it really loud sometimes and not at all or as much others is because its part recirculation part BOV and it only blows of at high rpm regardless you dont need it unless you are boosting 20lbs or more...even then its harmfull for the car but when your boosting that kinda pressure you need to have it released..anyway take my advice remove it...
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.