06'WRX multiple cylinder misfire at 3750 RPM - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06'WRX multiple cylinder misfire at 3750 RPM within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; did you check about that reprograming i told you about????that would be my first guess...also the is a purge soleniod ...

did you check about that reprograming i told you about????that would be my first guess...also the is a purge soleniod on the your intake...it has vacume lines attached..there was a bulletin on it because aproximately 10,000 06's went through to the dealers with a vacume hose not connected..i dont see how it would cause a misfire sitsuation but it would throw the emissions code that you have its located right next to your alternator to the right it has 3 lines going to it...hope that helped you
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

heres the 100 dollar answer

go back to your dealer. have them do a full check. its under warranty.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    heres the 100 dollar answer

thats a great answer also.....
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Who the heck would've swapped in exhaust from a 2004 WRX? Did you buy this car used?

Sounds to me that you bought a used modded car that was "attempted" to be returned to stock. Did you get it from a dealer?

I wondering if you might be running some sort of stage 2 map left over from the modified exhaust and now you have the incorrect boost mapping, wastegate duty cycles and such for the stock exhaust.

Can you take the car to a local tuner and have them data log the car to see what sort of crap is going on in the ECU?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Who the heck would've swapped in exhaust from a 2004 WRX? Did you buy this car used?

Sounds to me that you bought a used modded car that was "attempted" to be returned to stock. Did you get it from a dealer?

I wondering if you might be running some sort of stage 2 map left over from the modified exhaust and now you have the incorrect boost mapping, wastegate duty cycles and such for the stock exhaust.

Can you take the car to a local tuner and have them data log the car to see what sort of crap is going on in the ECU?
    +100000

this is sooo not a mechicanal problem.....you're running the wrong maps
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lola123 View Post
    Between the dealer saying " NEW ENGINE" to others without a clue... it truly is frustrating...
    Since the OP is passing up a new engine, me thinks that it's NOT under warranty.

There is much more to this story.

Still no answers......

I Support ClubWRX

Still no answers......

Correct, you've not answered the questions yet... Please respond to the questions already posed and people will be able to help you better:

1. Why did you install 04 pipes on a new car?
    2. What other modifications does the car have now?
    3. Did you buy the car new? If not, what modifications did the car have before you bought it (if you know)?
    4. Did you buy it from a dealer?
    5. Why are you turning down a new motor?
    6. Do you have the CEL codes (numbers)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Correct, you've not answered the questions yet... Please respond to the questions already posed and people will be able to help you better:

1. Why did you install 04 pipes on a new car?
    2. What other modifications does the car have now?
    3. Did you buy the car new? If not, what modifications did the car have before you bought it (if you know)?
    4. Did you buy it from a dealer?
    5. Why are you turning down a new motor?
    +1
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

^^^ +1

Still waiting for the rest of the story.

Purchased from an individual.

No current warranty in effect since it was a rebuilder. Hence, no
    new motor option.

p301
    p302
    p303
    p304
    Also evap emission pressure sensor (HIGH)

No other mods.

Exhaust down pipe off a 2004 was on when purchased.

Thanks again.

Purchased from an individual.

No current warranty in effect since it was a rebuilder. Hence, no
    new motor option.

p301
    p302
    p303
    p304
    Also evap emission pressure sensor (HIGH)

No other mods.

Exhaust down pipe off a 2004 was on when purchased.

Thanks again.
    Might want to look into finding a stock downpipe for your year/model or even a nice aftermarket one if you want to mod down the road.

that might be a decent place to start. I dont know if they changed any of that from 2004 to your style, but something might be in that area that isnt totally correctly put back together.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

How about performing a leak down test?

I Support ClubWRX
    How about performing a leak down test?
    Since you are getting the full P030x series of codes there is no single cylinder to suspect. However, a compression test at the very least is relatively simple to do and will tell you if you need to look further as far as failed cylinders are concerned.

EDIT: I see you've checked timing already. Check the connections to the injectors again and see if the intake is OK.

Are you overboosting?

See http://techinfo.subaru.com/ and you might use the diagnostics section they have there for more info (this is fee-based regrettably and I can't say if you'll benefit though; just a thought if things don't get any better).

Also:
    ** No other codes except an occasional "Emissions pressure sensor voltage high**
    Emissions control system pressure sensor (high)
    Since you have not given a code for the CEL I'll assume it's a P0108, Pressure sensor circuit high input. I can't find another code that matches your description. Do you have the real number for this CEL?

If it's a P0108 check the intake (stock, I assume?) and make sure the sensor is connected correctly. Also check for leaks, bad wiring, a reversed MAF (the plug harness clip faces the front of the car in my bugeye), bad wiring to the MAF, and any splices where someone would have messed with air monitoring or boost control.

You know, it might be worth seeing if someone's messed with the ECU. People have already said you may have the wrong map loaded, and you could also have a faulty connection somewhere too.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-01-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Since you are getting the full P030x series of codes there is no single cylinder to suspect. However, a compression test at the very least is relatively simple to do and will tell you if you need to look further as far as failed cylinders are concerned.

EDIT: I see you've checked timing already. Check the connections to the injectors again and see if the intake is OK.

Are you overboosting?

See http://techinfo.subaru.com/ and you might use the diagnostics section they have there for more info (this is fee-based regrettably and I can't say if you'll benefit though; just a thought if things don't get any better).

Also:

Since you have not given a code for the CEL I'll assume it's a P0108, Pressure sensor circuit high input. I can't find another code that matches your description. Do you have the real number for this CEL?

If it's a P0108 check the intake (stock, I assume?) and make sure the sensor is connected correctly. Also check for leaks, bad wiring, a reversed MAF (the plug harness clip faces the front of the car in my bugeye), bad wiring to the MAF, and any splices where someone would have messed with air monitoring or boost control.

You know, it might be worth seeing if someone's messed with the ECU. People have already said you may have the wrong map loaded, and you could also have a faulty connection somewhere too.
    P0453

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.