Oil Analysis results Amsoil 5W-30 11000mi

This is a discussion on Oil Analysis results Amsoil 5W-30 11000mi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thought I would share my recent oil analysis results. I've switched everything I own to Amsoil but I've never really ...

Oil Analysis results Amsoil 5W-30 11000mi

Thought I would share my recent oil analysis results. I've switched everything I own to Amsoil but I've never really gone crazy with the extended drain intervals. They are saying 15,000 miles with a turbocharged vehicles and the EaO filter. I'm about to try it.

My '02 was switched to Amsoil 5W-30 shortly at about 30k. I changed the oil and tested it at 37k and 54k (changed once around 46k, no test). The results keep coming back good. I add half a quart about every 5,000 miles. This last test reflects about 3300 miles between tests - 2,300 miles of that driving from NY to CO with a 1000 lb snowmobile / trailer in tow + a car full of stuff (guessing about 2000 lbs). South Dakota was 106 degrees with a headwind and the car vapor-locked on I90 (at least a vapor-lock is the best explanation). Then I dragged it over a mountain pass in CO to finish it off. Total mileage on the oil about 11,300. I expected them to recommend changing the oil - and the test came back good again - with a recommendation to run the oil another service interval. I was blown away. I changed the oil anyway - but this time I'm planning on going the full 15k.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil_results2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	73158

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the post and update. I am running the same oil. Although my car is hardly driven, I plan on getting the oil analyzed; many short trips.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I've heard about this a few times before, but didn't know where to go to do more research. Thank you for providing the graph.

Here's a link to their General info http://www.oaitesting.com/page1.htm

I Support ClubWRX
    What air filter are you running? I'm asking because of the Si. Nice analysis.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    What air filter are you running? I'm asking because of the Si. Nice analysis.
    K&N Drop In.

How does the filter choice influence the Silicone?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseMan View Post
    K&N Drop In.

How does the filter choice influence the Silicone?
    Silicone = fine dirt or sand.

Only entry point is the AF.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Silicone = fine dirt or sand.

Only entry point is the AF.
    Exactly.

Either the Si is from spray used on an aftermarket filter or it's bona fide dirt. Either way I am not a fan of Si in motors. I suspect Si would drop if you used the Subaru filter. It's a little high for a stock filter but too low for it to be a hole in the intake tract somewhere. For many other motors the Si reading is great, but our motors can generate single-digit numbers across the board.

The oil you're using looks to be a robust product though.

EDIT: Did you change the air filter around 37000 miles or did you remove any lines in the intake around that time?
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-17-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    EDIT: Did you change the air filter around 37000 miles or did you remove any lines in the intake around that time?
    Interesting - somewhere between 30,000 and 37,000 I would have replaced the stock filter with the K&N. Maybe I should go back to the Subaru filter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting - somewhere between 30,000 and 37,000 I would have replaced the stock filter with the K&N. Maybe I should go back to the Subaru filter.
    I saw Si increase at that range. It could be simply because you opened up the intake to change the filter or it could be from the spray on the K&N, or it could just be the K&N doesn't filter as well as the stock, or some combination of the above.

It's not enough Si to get excited about, and your motor seems to be doing great with the oil you're using. It's just an observation.

I suspect the motor will outlast the car -- it usually does.

That or you could try Amsoil's EA air filter. It is a great filter.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2