Weird noise, please help

This is a discussion on Weird noise, please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am having a weird noise when I let off the gas, while still in gear; but if I push ...

Weird noise, please help

I am having a weird noise when I let off the gas, while still in gear; but if I push in the clutch or take it out of gear, or accelerate, it goes away. It sounds like something rattling around the driverís side door. I canít imagine what it is, I am 100 miles below 36,000 so I will probably end up taking it to them anyway, but I wanted to get some feedback from you all. I recently changed the diff. and trans fluid so I canít imagine it being that, maybe the flywheel? I donít know enough about this stuff to troubleshoot it. Please helpÖ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump, anybody?

sounds to me like a pinion issue..or possibly tranny...id get it to the dealer...have you ever replaced your side diff cover seals aka axle seals?
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

No sir I have not; I thought the tranny too but it shifts perfectly fine, for some reason the flywheel seemed plausible to me but I dont know much....anybody else have an idea? I will probably take it to the dealer irregardless.

I'll be damned

if checking the tire pressure and correcting it didnt fix the problem. I even let the care get hot to make sure it wasnt a hot only problem, the back left tire had a nail in it and was down to 10 pounds, after Discount fixed it, I made sure all tires were correct and drove; no more problem....whew

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx View Post
    if checking the tire pressure and correcting it didnt fix the problem. I even let the care get hot to make sure it wasnt a hot only problem, the back left tire had a nail in it and was down to 10 pounds, after Discount fixed it, I made sure all tires were correct and drove; no more problem....whew
    Wonder why the noise disappeared when you took it out of gear then. The tire doesn't know if it is in gear. That's strange!
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Yep, I was dooped, for some reason you can only hear it when the windows are up and the radio is down, not when the windows are down. SO that makes me think its coming from the engine bay, does the turbo know when it is in gear, maybe the heat shield vibrating? Taking to the dealer today.....any other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx View Post
    Yep, I was dooped, for some reason you can only hear it when the windows are up and the radio is down, not when the windows are down. SO that makes me think its coming from the engine bay, does the turbo know when it is in gear, maybe the heat shield vibrating? Taking to the dealer today.....any other suggestions.
    Keep us posted on what it was.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**