TSB on clutch switches??

This is a discussion on TSB on clutch switches?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 06 has started this weird issue where it wont start when the key is turned even though the clutch ...

I Support ClubWRX

TSB on clutch switches??

My 06 has started this weird issue where it wont start when the key is turned even though the clutch is pushed in. It seems after I cycle the clutch 5 or 6 times it decides to start. Only happens once in a while but its annoying. As I am stage 2 I dont wanna have to change a lot of stuff back to stock and take it to the dealership and not be able to reproduce the problem.

Anyone else have this issue?? Is there a TSB os something?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If i have the clutch in before trying to turn it over i normally have to release and then engage the clutch again but it will start first pump... happens kinda often but nothing too annoying
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Do you have a floor mat, more than one? Could also be ignition switch, starter relay or something.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Do you have a floor mat, more than one? Could also be ignition switch, starter relay or something.
    I do have the rubber floor mats, but they have a cut away so its a non issue. Yeah I was thinking maybe starter solenoid or relay or Ignition switch too, but whats strange is when it does it, I get down and cycle the switches by hand then crank it and it starts without a hitch.

Only problem is its impossible for me to reproduce on a whim so I'm kinda stuck trying to diagnose it or wait until the car won't start at all.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

You could, and i dont recommend this, diconnect and jump the clutch switch connector for a while. That would rule it out as a cause.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I Support ClubWRX
    So when you go to start it nothing happens? Do you have any key FOB's on your key chain? It's possible something on your key chain is messing with the imobilizer.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    So when you go to start it nothing happens? Do you have any key FOB's on your key chain? It's possible something on your key chain is messing with the imobilizer.
    No nothing. I put the key in the ignition and turn it to on then momentary start with theclutch pushed in and nothing. All the lights and bells and whistles on the dash light up but no cranky-cranky.

With the clutch still pushed in, I'll cycle going from key in off position to key in momentary start......nothing.

Then I kick the clutch pedal 3-5 times firmly, or get my big ass shoulders down there and click the switches a few times with my fingers......repeat and vrooooom!!

I just have the stock 06 KEY FOB on my key chain.

I'm thinking its clutch switch over immobilizer

----but one interesting thing of note, about 3 weeks into this problem I switched keys and FOB's to my spare set out of curiosity and the issue left me for a week completely.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    No nothing. I put the key in the ignition and turn it to on then momentary start with theclutch pushed in and nothing. All the lights and bells and whistles on the dash light up but no cranky-cranky.

With the clutch still pushed in, I'll cycle going from key in off position to key in momentary start......nothing.

Then I kick the clutch pedal 3-5 times firmly, or get my big ass shoulders down there and click the switches a few times with my fingers......repeat and vrooooom!!

I just have the stock 06 KEY FOB on my key chain.

I'm thinking its clutch switch over immobilizer

----but one interesting thing of note, about 3 weeks into this problem I switched keys and FOB's to my spare set out of curiosity and the issue left me for a week completely.

you dont happen to put your keys on a speaker box..or anything with a magnet of some sort do you????cause that would be your answer right there...i had a customer who kept having that problem and come to find out he was setting his keys on his speaker in his living room bassiclly everynight and it would mess with the key...after he stopped placing his keys on the speaker he never had another issue
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    you dont happen to put your keys on a speaker box..or anything with a magnet of some sort do you????cause that would be your answer right there...i had a customer who kept having that problem and come to find out he was setting his keys on his speaker in his living room bassiclly everynight and it would mess with the key...after he stopped placing his keys on the speaker he never had another issue

Hummmm..... No I don't put them on or near a speaker. Only 3 places they go:
    1. glass coffee table
    2. my pocket 90% of the time
    3. my wooden dresser

on 1 & 3 there are no magnets in sight.

Would you be able to see if there is a TSB out on it?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I have an 02 WRX and sometimes I have to pull the hand brake all the way up before the car turns over, everything lights up, but no start. Kinda weird.. could be security/alarm related?

Someone also told me about the clutch switch going bad on 02's but I checked and it still happens.

I have an 02 WRX and sometimes I have to pull the hand brake all the way up before the car turns over, everything lights up, but no start. Kinda weird.. could be security/alarm related?

Someone also told me about the clutch switch going bad on 02's but I checked and it still happens.