Turbo Stopped Working...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Stopped Working... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, Just trying to figure out why my turbo just stopped working in my '02 wrx. My turbo was working ...

Turbo Stopped Working...

Hey,
    Just trying to figure out why my turbo just stopped working in my '02 wrx. My turbo was working when I was driving around then as soon as i went around a corner from a complete stop it just quite on me.
    Much Help Would Be Appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the waste gate area. Do you have any mods? Any check engine lights. How do you know it's not working? Do you have a boost gauge?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I have a few mods, just the basics. Magnaflow full 3in exhaust. NO Cat, Blitz BOV, SPC intake, HKS Turbo Timer, and a red top Optima
    I bought the car a couple months back at a private dealer with the check engine light on, I was told that the check engine light was on because the O2 sensor is bad. I then restarted my ECU and about a week later the check engine light came back on.

I do have an autometer boost gauge and its not reading any boost just vac.

Another reason is because i do not here my turbo spool and I do not here my Blitz BOV release

Much Help Is Apreciated!
    Last edited by tk_24wrx; 07-15-2007 at 11:41 AM.

If the turbo just stopped working, sounds like the wastegate arm; from the actuator, has come off leaving the wastegate wide open. Easily checked by removing the turbo heatshield.

If the exhaust is full catless and no ECU reflash, this is most likely the source of the CEL.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Turbo

Well know iam looking for a vf22 or a vf34, so if anybody has one for sale let me know.
    Thanks.

Banned
    Your turbo stoped working and know your looking for a bigger one

Turbo

Ya it's about time to upgrade

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.