Removing the BBS Tyre
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Removing the BBS Tyre within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was looking in the trunk of my Sti and cant seem to find the wrench to take off the ...

Removing the BBS Tyre

I was looking in the trunk of my Sti and cant seem to find the wrench to take off the lugnuts for the BBS tires. The manual does not say where it is. Also it seems like one of the lug nuts is different from the rest - I'm assuming its a security protection thing I'm not sure. Anyways theres nothing wrong with the tires but I'd like to find out - do I have to buy the wrench or did the dealer just not include it??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go back to the dealer and have them figure it out. If one lug is different from the other four on each wheel, you will need a specific tool to have them removed.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

Quote Originally Posted by heretichexen View Post
    I was looking in the trunk of my Sti and cant seem to find the wrench to take off the lugnuts for the BBS tires. The manual does not say where it is. Also it seems like one of the lug nuts is different from the rest - I'm assuming its a security protection thing I'm not sure. Anyways theres nothing wrong with the tires but I'd like to find out - do I have to buy the wrench or did the dealer just not include it??
    go to the dealer...they SHOULD have a master set for the lock IF its a subaru lock..the last dealer i worked at didnt have a master so i bought one..they also have wheel lock removes you can get but depending on the rim sometimes you cant get it over the lock...sometimes you can also get lucky and find a 12 point socket the just barely wont go over the lock and hammer it on then turn it off...be prepared to lose a socket or possibly 4..but it beats getting a flat and not being able to do anything about it
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Thanks for all your info! I appreciate it.

I actually found the toolkit under the passenger seat with the wheel nut removers.

Thanks again.. I guess I should look more carefully!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.