Clicking noise while starting

This is a discussion on Clicking noise while starting within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK guys as soon as I get the whole backfiring popping issue out of the way with the help from ...

Clicking noise while starting

OK guys as soon as I get the whole backfiring popping issue out of the way with the help from you guys now theres something else that just started happenning. When I start my car up there is a loud clicking noise as if something turns on, I really cant explain it, but it doesnt sound like it should be doing that. Any replies would be great, thanks guys!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer420 View Post
    OK guys as soon as I get the whole backfiring popping issue out of the way with the help from you guys now theres something else that just started happenning. When I start my car up there is a loud clicking noise as if something turns on, I really cant explain it, but it doesnt sound like it should be doing that. Any replies would be great, thanks guys!!
    could it be your ac kicking on?????????
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    could it be your ac kicking on?????????
    You know i was actually thinking that to! I dont know maybe that is what im hearing, but would the ac be turning on even though its off?

Also it seems to do it more after the car has been heated up like driving around for awhile. I hope thats all it is and nothing serious. THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer420 View Post
    You know i was actually thinking that to! I dont know maybe that is what im hearing, but would the ac be turning on even though its off?

Also it seems to do it more after the car has been heated up like driving around for awhile. I hope thats all it is and nothing serious. THANKS!!
    your heat sheilds will make a clicking/popping noise when hot..thats prob what your hearing...if your defroster is on the ac might turn on...
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    your heat sheilds will make a clicking/popping noise when hot..thats prob what your hearing...if your defroster is on the ac might turn on...
    Ya thats got to be what im hearing b/c i went all day with out my ac on and it didnt do it at all. Thanks alot subarutech for letting me know that. I love my WRX and i would hate to have major problems w/it, so thanks again!!