Cleaning the WRX STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cleaning the WRX STi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question - how do I clean a WRX STi. So when I am washing it - will water going ...

Cleaning the WRX STi

Quick question - how do I clean a WRX STi. So when I am washing it - will water going through the hood scoop as well as the front grilles affect it? This sounds a stupid question but I just bought the car yesterday.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope i wash sti's and wrx's everyday and there is nothing bad about it. just think about driving your car through the rain.

its all good
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

Quote Originally Posted by heretichexen View Post
    Quick question - how do I clean a WRX STi. So when I am washing it - will water going through the hood scoop as well as the front grilles affect it? This sounds a stupid question but I just bought the car yesterday.

Thanks
    nope def wont hurt it..
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldnt sit the hose on the hoodscoop and let water pour in but washing it wont hurt it. You'll get more water in that engine bay from a good heavy rain then with the hose. Again it's never a good idea to put a stream of water directly into the engine for a long period of time but you arent hurting it by washing it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.