have a problem with 4 and 5 gear

This is a discussion on have a problem with 4 and 5 gear within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone i been having problem with my 4 and 5 gear. When ever i try to floor it my ...

have a problem with 4 and 5 gear

hey everyone i been having problem with my 4 and 5 gear. When ever i try to floor it my rpm goes up to 3000 then lose power by shooting up to 4000 and dropping back down below 3000 and then i feel power again at low rpm with out it reaching 5000. do you know what the problem might be? it does that for 4th and 5th gear. to give an example it feels like i was shifting but i really wasnt thats how the rpm moves and thats how the car feels thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've tried to follow what you're saying and if I did, your clutch is slipping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

i agree if i understood what your saying correctly
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

+1.

i have heard of others that have had their clutch to start to go having the problem of the RPMs gaining in a certain pace, but the car not accelerating to the same pace, then it seems the tranny/car finally catch up to the RPMs.

probably a good sign the clutch is soon to be needing replaced. remember, it is cheaper to drive the car to the dealer/repair shop to be fixed than it is to have it towed there. (unless you do it yourself).
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Banned
    ^^^^

i hope its the clutch problem and i can get it fixed cuz i work at a shop with my uncle. but if its the tranny problem man i hope you guys would wish me luck

its a clutch problem. mine is doing the same thing, if i shift from 4th at around 3-3.5k into 5th (going about say 50) then try to gun it as soon as my rpms reach about 3000 the rpm shoots up with no speed boost then i feel a jolt. the first time it happened i thought i was imagining things but i did an experiment today and its consistent. but yeah that is the clutch slipping. guess its a good excuse for a new one . though i dont wanna pay for it. are clutches covered under warentee? ive got a 3 month/3000 mile i believe, and i have only owned the car for 4 weeks/ ~500 mile so if i can get a new clutch free then WOOT. im imagining i bought it that way and never noticed because its rare that i gun it from like 2k rpms and i definately didnt in the test drive.
    2002 Silver WRX, UTEC Delta, Greddy Ti-C catback, SPT intake + heatshield, STI gauges, STI doors + carpet, STI wing, Exedy stage 1 organic clutch + lightweight flywheel.

Bugeye Mafia #139

nope i have no warrenty on the clutch. i am thinking about the clutch master stage 3 clutch i heard thats pretty much smooth shifting and not so ruff like the ones they use for street and track.

or go with an exedy stage one my car had a clutch masters stage 3 and It was annyoing I much prefer the exedy and it's rated for up to like 400+ ftlbs of torque