OMG! i dropped my WasteGate Arm clip!!! help

This is a discussion on OMG! i dropped my WasteGate Arm clip!!! help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im such a nub ;/ i dropped the clip from the wastegate arm while ajusting it.!!! what happens if i ...

OMG! i dropped my WasteGate Arm clip!!! help

im such a nub ;/ i dropped the clip from the wastegate arm while ajusting it.!!! what happens if i drive and it falls off? I mean, should i bus it to the dealer's to get one, or is it safe to drive without it? what happens, help ;(

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ezzzey View Post
    im such a nub ;/ i dropped the clip from the wastegate arm while ajusting it.!!! what happens if i drive and it falls off? I mean, should i bus it to the dealer's to get one, or is it safe to drive without it? what happens, help ;(
    You dropped the E clip? If that's the case you'll just run waste gate pressure and no more. Get a replacement clip.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    You dropped the E clip? If that's the case you'll just run waste gate pressure and no more. Get a replacement clip.
    nice! i found some at home depot, they are identical!

Whatever you do DO NOT go to the dealership...I lost my e-clip somehow a month or so ago and I went to the dealership and they told me you cannot buy a replacement clip, you have to purchase a whole new turbo/wastegate set up. Not only that I had to speak to 3 different techs before anyone even knew what it was that I needed... So anyway just go to your local home depot or hardware store and buy an e-clip. They will come in several sizes and shapes so try and get the more rounded ones and I cant remember exactly what size you need but just get a couple of different sizes and try them out I think they only cost like 20 cents or so.
    Stage 2 2003

Banned
    Stealership^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Stealership^^^^
    yea i got some at home depot at 0.40cents each, it was a perfect match.... so i got 3 extras