CEL vs. Accessport

This is a discussion on CEL vs. Accessport within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; haven't done anything else to my car in 3,000 miles, and as i was going home i noticed the cruise ...

CEL vs. Accessport

haven't done anything else to my car in 3,000 miles, and as i was going home i noticed the cruise control light blinking. Immediately saw the check engine light after that. my mods would have triggered something earlier i would think. I guess i'll just take it to the dealer; i haven't touched anything but hoses and SPT CB exhaust.

Do you have to marry the accessport to a car to read CEL's/clear them? I'm planning on getting an accessport, but don't want to buy one just to read a code that will most likely be covered under warranty. Hopefully, its just a missfire code, but i didn't feel or hear anything out of the ordinary when the light came on. Just don't want to drop my car off if i don't have to. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, you would have to marry the AP. If you take your car to autozone, they'll read the code for free.