engine re-install help!

This is a discussion on engine re-install help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I've re-installed a 2.5L engine in my 02 wrx after having to replace the rod bearings. I have just ...

engine re-install help!

Well, I've re-installed a 2.5L engine in my 02 wrx after having to replace the rod bearings. I have just about everything lined and attached, except I've encountered a few pieces that I cannot find any refference to in the service manual and am now stuck. If anyone could please provide information or confirmation about the following pictures, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Pic #1 - I'm relatively certain that this black connector is part of the PCV control system. The open end that my hand is touching should route into the air intake duct and the hose by my thumb should route under the throttle body. If someone could confirm or deny this please.

Pic #2 - I cannot find any reference to this outlet [identified by the tool handle pointing at it] anywhere on any of the diagrams in the service manual. If someone could tell me what system this is appart of or where it routes to, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Pic #3 - this is a line coming from right under the throttle body that I'm assuming is pressurized. Again, I can't find any reference in the service manual to indicate where this goes.

Pic #4 - a hose that fell off during the removal that I have absolutely no idea where it routes back to now.

Otherwise, I have everything else routed and accounted for. So, any and all help is greatly appreciated. (Should have taken pics before hand, but that's neither here nor there)
    Last edited by lostinthought; 07-06-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: attempt to fix possible photo problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthought View Post
    Well, I've re-installed a 2.5L engine in my 02 wrx after having to replace the rod bearings. I have just about everything lined and attached, except I've encountered a few pieces that I cannot find any refference to in the service manual and am now stuck. If anyone could please provide information or confirmation about the following pictures, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Pic #1 - I'm relatively certain that this black connector is part of the PCV control system. The open end that my hand is touching should route into the air intake duct and the hose by my thumb should route under the throttle body. If someone could confirm or deny this please.

Pic #2 - I cannot find any reference to this outlet [identified by the tool handle pointing at it] anywhere on any of the diagrams in the service manual. If someone could tell me what system this is appart of or where it routes to, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Pic #3 - this is a line coming from right under the throttle body that I'm assuming is pressurized. Again, I can't find any reference in the service manual to indicate where this goes.

Pic #4 - a hose that fell off during the removal that I have absolutely no idea where it routes back to now.

Otherwise, I have everything else routed and accounted for. So, any and all help is greatly appreciated. (Should have taken pics before hand, but that's neither here nor there)
    i dont see any pics..i dont think you uploaded them right
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

hm... They appear for me... Here are the links to the pics:

pic #1

pic #2

pic #3

pic #4

someone has informed me that pic #2 is an oil valve unique to 2.5L that's not on the 2.0L and that's why my service manual doesn't refer to it. I was also stated that it needs to be routed into the oil pathways towards the turbo. Any chance I might be able to get confirmation of this please?