P0605 Rom Failure
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on P0605 Rom Failure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok my I'm screwed here! I'm stuck in germany and the german suby dealer does not have the software to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    P0605 Rom Failure

    Ok my I'm screwed here! I'm stuck in germany and the german suby dealer does not have the software to reflash it. I downloaded one from a another site but they will not install it due to it is not from suby direct. So my guestion is can I do this with a access port? and how/or how do i get this from subaru?

    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Truckster27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    560
    Not 100% sure, but it sounds like you'll need to remove your ECU and ship it state-side or to a dealer that can reflash it for you. The other option is to get a new or used ECU for your make and model....either way, leadtime does not sound good. The only way you could use your Accessport is if the original map is still intact, or if its a stage map. You might be able to put in a stage 0 or 1 map (not knowing your mods), but I would need to know more about your problem (does the car not work, is the ROM your looking for the stock map, what year model is your car, what caused this, etc...)
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

    Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

    I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    damb key

    2006 wrx tr cat back and cold air/ ok i lost the chip in my key, how i dont know!. anyway hooked up my buddy's access port found code p5174 ignition failure. ok found out it was the key so i got my wifes and the car started but would not go over 2k rpms? well my buddy cleared the p5174 but would not read anything else. so i limp my car to german dealer and his computer told me p0605 rom failure and now they cant do ****. So i read some forums found a guy who had the same problem and downloaded a map from OSEcu Roms & XPT Tuning but dealer will not install because it is not from subaru. to beat all that subaru will not honor my warranty over here $%$%^$%$ bastards, and i deploy really soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Not 100% sure, but it sounds like you'll need to remove your ECU and ship it state-side or to a dealer that can reflash it for you. The other option is to get a new or used ECU for your make and model....either way, leadtime does not sound good. The only way you could use your Accessport is if the original map is still intact, or if its a stage map. You might be able to put in a stage 0 or 1 map (not knowing your mods), but I would need to know more about your problem (does the car not work, is the ROM your looking for the stock map, what year model is your car, what caused this, etc...)

  5. #4
    Baconator azWRX06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,466
    I Support ClubWRX
    sounds like you are stuck in valet mode, on my 06 Cobb stg 2 valet mode is "Valet mode operation. Rev limiter set to 3200 RPM and turns off boost control." I personally would try to reflash with the AP before I try to snag a map off the net. That is just an opinion, good luck man.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

    2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

    Add me to Facebook

  6. #5
    Registered User Truckster27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    560
    Okay, now I have a little more to go on....
    -It sounds like whats posted above. You are in valet mode because of the key you were using. Without that resistor chip, you will have a hard time getting out of it. try this:
    • unmarry your AP, flash it to stock (A.K.A. uninstall it)
    • Disconnect the Battery, let the car sit until cool (1-2 hours)
    • Reconnect battery, let car idle to warm (temp gauge to the middle)
    • Try to drive stock, see if it works
    • If it does, great, your cleared, if not, then you might need the AP
    • Either way, remarry your Cobb AP (reinstall it)
    • Flash whatever map you intend to use (Sounds like stage 1)
    • Try to drive

    If this does not work, you'll have to have your stock ECU reflashed at an authorized Subaru Dealer, unless its an actual failure of the ECU, then it will have to be replaced. If you do have to have it reflashed, UNMARY THE AP BEFORE YOU SEND IT!
    This is my suggestion, anyone want to back-up / refute this course of action?

    EDIT: What version of Cobb AP are you using. Note that you can only have a Cobb AP married to one car at a time. If you have the key without the resistor, they can have a duplicate sent out. The key your using may be a valet key (grey key=valet, black=okay) at least thats how mine work. Also, a map like your talking will not ever be installed by a Dealer. Its a tuner map, and usually to install an XGT map you need Openecu software, a laptop, and cable to do it yourself. Cobb works totally different, as its a piggy-back setup.
    Last edited by Truckster27; 07-05-2007 at 08:26 AM.
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

    Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

    I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    thanks

    I'll give it a try, thanks dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Okay, now I have a little more to go on....
    -It sounds like whats posted above. You are in valet mode because of the key you were using. Without that resistor chip, you will have a hard time getting out of it. try this:
    • unmarry your AP, flash it to stock (A.K.A. uninstall it)
    • Try to drive stock, see if it works
    • Either way, remarry your Cobb AP (reinstall it)
    • Flash whatever map you intend to use (Sounds like stage 1)
    • Try to drive

    If this does not work, you'll have to have your stock ECU reflashed at an authorized Subaru Dealer, unless its an actual failure of the ECU, then it will have to be replaced. If you do have to have it reflashed, UNMARY THE AP BEFORE YOU SEND IT!
    This is my suggestion, anyone want to back-up / refute this course of action?

    EDIT: What version of Cobb AP are you using. Note that you can only have a Cobb AP married to one car at a time.

  8. #7
    Registered User Truckster27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    560
    See the edits to my last post
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

    Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

    I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Question

    Ok I'm not running any maps with the ap, my car wouldn't start so i had a buddy unmarry his and marry to mine to tell me wuz up. gave me the p1574 ignition failure so i got my spare(black one) not valet and it started just wouldn't go over 2k rpm, so he married to my car again and cleared the code and tried to reset but no change.

    So should i have him hook back up and try again or am i F@#ked monk?

    Oh and now the german suby dealer says my car gives the code P0605 Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error

    any suggestion?


    Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Okay, now I have a little more to go on....
    -It sounds like whats posted above. You are in valet mode because of the key you were using. Without that resistor chip, you will have a hard time getting out of it. try this:
    • unmarry your AP, flash it to stock (A.K.A. uninstall it)
    • Disconnect the Battery, let the car sit until cool (1-2 hours)
    • Reconnect battery, let car idle to warm (temp gauge to the middle)
    • Try to drive stock, see if it works
    • If it does, great, your cleared, if not, then you might need the AP
    • Either way, remarry your Cobb AP (reinstall it)
    • Flash whatever map you intend to use (Sounds like stage 1)
    • Try to drive

    If this does not work, you'll have to have your stock ECU reflashed at an authorized Subaru Dealer, unless its an actual failure of the ECU, then it will have to be replaced. If you do have to have it reflashed, UNMARY THE AP BEFORE YOU SEND IT!
    This is my suggestion, anyone want to back-up / refute this course of action?

    EDIT: What version of Cobb AP are you using. Note that you can only have a Cobb AP married to one car at a time. If you have the key without the resistor, they can have a duplicate sent out. The key your using may be a valet key (grey key=valet, black=okay) at least thats how mine work. Also, a map like your talking will not ever be installed by a Dealer. Its a tuner map, and usually to install an XGT map you need Openecu software, a laptop, and cable to do it yourself. Cobb works totally different, as its a piggy-back setup.
    Last edited by DARRELL79; 07-05-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: more info

  10. #9
    Baconator azWRX06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,466
    I Support ClubWRX
    could be an issue when he unmarried his AP from your car. if the code was just an ignition failure, then became a rom failure. try to remarry it, then fash the stock map back and unmarry it again. he didn't by any chance leave the test plug connected did he? that can make them run like crap.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

    2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

    Add me to Facebook

  11. #10
    Registered User Truckster27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    560
    Okay, try and marry up with the AP. Then clear the code. next, try uploading the stage 0 or stage 1 map. Try to drive it. If its a problem with the ECU map, The Cobb base map might override it. If thats the case, you might need to send you ECU to get it wiped and reflashed.
    -Or it could just be the key....hard to tell.
    -Or you could do the hard reset (disconnecting the battery, let it sit, let it warm up, etc.)
    -Or the test plug (green one) still in....
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

    Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

    I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    I'll give it a shot man, thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Okay, try and marry up with the AP. Then clear the code. next, try uploading the stage 0 or stage 1 map. Try to drive it. If its a problem with the ECU map, The Cobb base map might override it. If thats the case, you might need to send you ECU to get it wiped and reflashed.
    -Or it could just be the key....hard to tell.
    -Or you could do the hard reset (disconnecting the battery, let it sit, let it warm up, etc.)
    -Or the test plug (green one) still in....

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    eprov rhode island
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by DARRELL79 View Post
    Ok I'm not running any maps with the ap, my car wouldn't start so i had a buddy unmarry his and marry to mine to tell me wuz up. gave me the p1574 ignition failure so i got my spare(black one) not valet and it started just wouldn't go over 2k rpm, so he married to my car again and cleared the code and tried to reset but no change.

    So should i have him hook back up and try again or am i F@#ked monk?

    Oh and now the german suby dealer says my car gives the code P0605 Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error

    any suggestion?


    you need a ecu..plain and simple...even a reprograming from the dealer will not resolve your issue..its a internal fault in your ecu...stop wasting time and order yourself a ecu..trust me on this ive seen it a few times and the only thing that will repair the fault is a new ecu..flash all you want youll just be wasting time...ill look around see if i can find a ecu...maybe even the motivation you needed to buy a plug&play
    New England F4

    feel free to pm me with any questions..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •