lean fuel condition

This is a discussion on lean fuel condition within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 wrx that is at stage II. My car recently had a 171 OBDII code (lean fuel ...

lean fuel condition

I have an 05 wrx that is at stage II. My car recently had a 171 OBDII code (lean fuel condition, I cleared it w/ accessport). I have also been noticing the my autometer boost gauge is apparently not reading boost levels correctly. Tyically in the past when things have been operating correctly, when I'm off throttle the gauge reads about 15-20 psi vaccum pressure and max boost is around 13-16 psi. Now max vaccum pressure is on 1 psi and max boost is 10 psi. I believe the gauge is correctly properly.

1) Might this apparent boost issue have something to do with the lean fuel condition?
    2) Can I use my accessport, v1, to measure boost while driving to see if the problem is the guage or something else? (the accessport manual says not to use the accessport while driving)

Any ideas sirs or mams

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could be your MAF sensor. That will set the Fuel system lean code in a lot of different manufactors of cars. Like Nissan/Infinity, Lexus/Toyota, VW, and so on. Those are just the cars that I have fixed by replacing the MAF sensor for that DTC. Call a dealership and ask someone in parts if the sell a lot of them, or ask a service writer if they have a lot of car the need that part for the code.
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

thanks bro

Banned
    Runing lean will kill your engine real quick so be carfull. Get a tatrix cable to record your boost although you might just be running like ass causing your PSI to be all over the place.

I just took it out for a spin with my ap plugged to see boost and and the boost levels seem to be fine and the car is running strong. So I now know for sure the gauge is fouled (this is my third autometer boost gauge). I'll have to take it in thurs or fri to get the lean deal check out.