Am I getting scammed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Am I getting scammed? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by timmay2215 I could tell that there was def a problem for about the last week or so ...

Quote Originally Posted by timmay2215 View Post
    I could tell that there was def a problem for about the last week or so from the way the car was driving. After a shift it would seem as if something was pushing on the car and really slowing it down (the valves not reopening). The dealer said that the motors burnt out bc of carbon build up on the valves that in turn made them stick. This sticking then caused the motors to burn out from fighting to open and close the suckers. Don't really know what to do bc the dealer said removing these things would cause the car to run horribly. Then in turn, I ask myself what to really believe from these guys (pretty much why I am here on this site). I guess these TGV's have been a problem in WRX engines and Subaru made a new part to fix the problems (what I am supposed to be getting).
    if you could give me the code i could be alot more helpfull.....but i will say DONT remove them..if you want to upgrade

http://slowboyracing.com/estore/prod...at=1487&page=1

then go there..thats your best choice...im not sure exactly what you would have to do with EM but you would have to do something...

heres how the system works.it more detailed thenjust a TGV's

theres a tumble generator valve at each intake runner.the system uses a shaft for each side of the engine that is driven by a stepper motor.the movement of the shaft is monitored by a sensor on the oppisate end...
    the shaft operates the tumble generator valve,which is a plate similar in design to the throttle plate..at idle the plate is closed(depending on coolant temp and time from engine start..off idle the plate is open..when the plate is closed the main air passage is blocked..this forces all air necessary for engine operation during idle to flow through the bypass channel.this helps to mix the air fuel mixture by producing a tumbling effect to the incomming air ..there is no air assist in the injectors which means without this tumbling effect idle is poor to stall.....

with that being said thats why i would like to know your code..if your motor is in fact bad then it is stuck open..you would not be going anywhere...when you gassed it your car would flood...the chances of them being stuck open are pretty slim..im willing to bet its more likelythe posistion sensor...but if you gave me a code i could lead you in a better direction...
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timmay2215 View Post
    The dealer said that the motors burnt out bc of carbon build up on the valves that in turn made them stick.
    V-Power FTW.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12