Backfiring!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Backfiring!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thats sudden shock is proably because you are running rich while lifiting the throttle. My car does the same thing. ...

Thats sudden shock is proably because you are running rich while lifiting the throttle. My car does the same thing. It get 100x worse when I set my bov to atmospheric which is why it is always set to recirc.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WhiTe_07_WRx View Post
    Are u running a Blow Off Valve?
    yes a hks blow off.. and i know this is the reason why i get so much backfire, it makes the car run richer when u block the hose going back to the intake.. oh well i'll sacrifice a lil performance for the sound im getting my car tunned after i get my ecu.. idk if i should use uteck or cobb tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT View Post
    Thats sudden shock is proably because you are running rich while lifiting the throttle. My car does the same thing. It get 100x worse when I set my bov to atmospheric which is why it is always set to recirc.
    ...even with stock recirc valve? Do any aftermarket valves provide any sort of improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer420 View Post
    How do you set your BOV??
    do NOT buy a BOV for your car..and if you already own one take it OFF
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

if you use the search feature and research BOV's a little bit you would soon find out.

but basically on our cars the BOV dumps all the air gained by boosting out of the system into the atmosphere (full atmospheric), when it should actually be recirculated back into the system. since this air is dumped out, you start to run rich during shifts because you have less air than you need in the air-fuel ratio at that time. you sacrifice better driveability for those KEWL WHOOSH SOUNDZ.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

i think you'll get flames when you backfire if you're running a catless setup + a BOV? is that right?
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    if you use the search feature and research BOV's a little bit you would soon find out.

but basically on our cars the BOV dumps all the air gained by boosting out of the system into the atmosphere (full atmospheric), when it should actually be recirculated back into the system. since this air is dumped out, you start to run rich during shifts because you have less air than you need in the air-fuel ratio at that time. you sacrifice better driveability for those KEWL WHOOSH SOUNDZ.
    theres your answer..AND you also create some extra turbo lag....they do make a part BOV part recirculator valve but you do NOT need that...when you start boosting into 20 psi then worry about it...
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.