Where does this go?

This is a discussion on Where does this go? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was changing my air filter the other day and found this wrapped in electric tape. I bought the car ...

Where does this go?

I was changing my air filter the other day and found this wrapped in electric tape. I bought the car used and had been modded by the previous owner. Anybody know where it might go? It on the passenger side right above the air intake box. O it has one of those transitstor things in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its the connector for the OEM EGT sensor in the uppipe which has obviously been removed. If you notice it has a resistor in there(can't remember the specs) but if that falls out your car will go into limp mode < 3k rpms.

Banned
    AHhh the wonders of owning a subaru

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Its the connector for the OEM EGT sensor in the uppipe which has obviously been removed. If you notice it has a resistor in there(can't remember the specs) but if that falls out your car will go into limp mode < 3k rpms.

Wow that explains why my CEL comes on. Sometimes It will go off in a couple days. I had the code pulled before which came out to be the one about the cat. convertor. I always thought I had a gutted downpipe or cat. Thanks for that info.

Banned
    Clubwrx helping people .02$ at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Clubwrx helping people .02$ at a time
    In some cases yes. I can't get anyone to help me with this problem...

Uppipe to turbo gasket Install