NEED HELP! Strange breaking noise

This is a discussion on NEED HELP! Strange breaking noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Often when I brake at low speeds (to a stop) a hear this krunk ka krunk ka krunk noise coming ...

NEED HELP! Strange breaking noise

Often when I brake at low speeds (to a stop) a hear this krunk ka krunk ka krunk noise coming from my front right wheel. Any ideas if this can be caused by something wrong with the suspension of sway bar or something? the brakes seem fine

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check the dust shield behind the rotor. My wife's Civic had a similar problem, and it turned out that the dust shield was rubbing the rotor, and for some reason when the pads pressed on the rotor the sound got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Brown View Post
    Often when I brake at low speeds (to a stop) a hear this krunk ka krunk ka krunk noise coming from my front right wheel. Any ideas if this can be caused by something wrong with the suspension of sway bar or something? the brakes seem fine

thanks
    i see that all the time.if its what i think it is then take your caliper off and pads out..there is brake hardware where the pads seat into the caliper bracket..if theres no hardware then get it..if there is hardwear there remove it..wire brush the bracket and hardwear..grease both sides of the hardware and re-install..that should take care of your problem
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

This happens to my car every so often. To fix this problem what always has worked for me is to take off the pads and sand them down a little. You could be glazing the pads a little bit and sanding off a little of the pad will take off the glaze and will quite it down so you cant hear it this has seemed to work for me greatly. Also next time you change your pads make sure you machine the rotors seeing as how they might be a little worped which is somewhat normal.