Idle Help!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Idle Help!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; after a drive, not even a hard one, when my subie idles to cool down. the rpm flucates between 0-1k ...

Idle Help!!!!!

after a drive, not even a hard one, when my subie idles to cool down. the rpm flucates between 0-1k rpm. sounding like if my car is going to stall. the lights also dim a little.

this is a new 07, with only 7500 miles. is this normal????

no mods have been done
    Last edited by wannabewrx; 06-28-2007 at 08:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whenever a problem occurs on a new car with no mods, don't worry about it. Have the dealer look at it; they can worry about it instead. In any case no, it doesn't sound normal. Take it in and have it looked at.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    It idles down to 0-2 rpms? Something is right about that. My 06 idled atleast around 600 at stop lights.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I usually idle around 500-600 rpm's

well. if its new, it must still be under warranty. i say take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    well. if its new, it must still be under warranty. i say take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it
    +1

When I first got my car last july the second day driving it, it would not idle at all I would have to rev it to keep it running while at a stop sign. Ended up being something wrong with the idle ish can't remember the exact problem and the check engine light also came on....I don't know if this was any help

I have the same problem. Bought brand new with six miles on it, now there's about 4,500. It reminds me of a Harley, sounds like it going to cut off, but it never does, plus my clock light dims and come back. Im just waiting for it to die, then go to the dealer, but it never does. Been this way since day 1. I know this doesn't help much, but we do share the same problem.

yea the sound and light dimming is the same for me. i am taking it to the dealer tomorrow. ill tell you what happens. this usually happens when the fan turns on.

It could be an overtighten or loosened throttle cable.

I think Normal idle is between 500-600 (give or take), when I got my first WRX, I had to have the cruise control recall fixed, the dealer did something wack and the idle was all out of control, took it to a different dealer, guy takes one look at it, new exactly what was wrong, took him 30 secs or less, no papers nothing....just adjusted the throttle cable....

and this could happen regardless of the cruise control thing I suppose...

that could be it, or it could not be

but +1 to going to the dealer, especially to make sure the car is ok before you go down the long winding road of modding.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

my wrx idles at like 600 rpm and will be higher like 1500 rpm when its a cold start in the morning. i have an 07. im pretty sure its normal for my car.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all cars idle higher when it's cold, as a mechanism for warming it up quicker, not sure if thats the reason, but its definantly normal for a car to idle on colder mornings.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.