Any ideas what could cause this ? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any ideas what could cause this ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by subarutech at the bottom of the fill pipe..underneith the car..where the tank hose and filler neck hose ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    at the bottom of the fill pipe..underneith the car..where the tank hose and filler neck hose meet...just disconect the rubber hose from the metal and you will see a little plastic piece inside the metal filler..the only reason the valve is there is in case you roll over your vehicle the gas cant leak out..its a one way valve set up..hense the name roll over valve
    A flapper type check valve or a float type check valve? Now you've got me curious. Gonna see if I can find a diagram of this.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    A flapper type check valve or a float type check valve? Now you've got me curious. Gonna see if I can find a diagram of this.
    I didn't see it in the engine service manual for 06 Impreza. I have them all, so I'm going to check the mechanisms and function book.

Update: After checking mech. and functions, the only valve on the fill pipe is the shut valve. It is not to keep gas from coming out, but rather to close the evaporation line when you stick the pump nozzle in the tank. I really don't see how this could cause slow re-fueling ! Back to square one.
    Last edited by Okeyd57; 06-29-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Update
    2006 Black Mamba - 20G and lots more !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.